Chapter three

Measi was back on her feet, she knew she needed at least a week or two, maybe even months, but at this point, she didn't care. Both her and Nathan were the last ones in their cell block and they too needed to be evacuated. They had decided to take one of the guard towers to sleep in, just like Glenn and Maggie. That way they would be isolated if needed, but still helpful. 

Doctor S. had gone into cell block A to help out and Sasha had gotten the flu as well, leaving only a six council members, which included Measi, Daryl, Glenn, Carol, Michonne and Hershel. Measi sat on the chair on the left end, between Glenn and Daryl, noticing that Glenn was sweating. Besides Sasha, none of the cousin members had gotten the virus yet, but Measi figured it would only be a matter of time, as all of them had been close to infected. 

''It's spread. Everyone who survived the attack in cell block D. Sasha, Caleb, and now others.'' Measi laid her head into her hands, sighting loudly.

''Oh, Jesus.'' Daryl laid a hand on her shoulder, giving her a sad smile. 

''So what do we do?''

''First things first. Cell block A is isolation. We keep the sick people there like we tried with Karen and David.'' 

''What the hell we gonna do about that?'' Daryl questioned, his eyes roaming towards Measi.

''Ask Rick to look into it.'' Measi frowned at the fast response, her eyebrows furrowing together as she looked at Carol, trying to find a crack in the mask she was wearing. ''Try to make a timeline-- who's where when.'' She than turned back to Hershel. ''But what are we gonna do to stop this?''

''There is no stopping it. You get it, you have to go through it.''

''But it just kills you?'' Michonne questioned from where she was standing. She was the only one in the council who hadn't been exposed and so she had to keep her distance. 

''The illness doesn't.'' Measi spoke up from her seat, her eyes roaming the room as she raised her shoulders while shaking her head. ''The symptoms do.'' She than turned back to Daryl and Glenn. ''We need antibiotics.''

''We've been through every pharmacy nearby. And then some.''

''That veterinary college at West Peachtree Tech,'' Measi nodded at Hershel's words. ''that's one place people may not have thought to raid for medication. The drugs for animals there are the same we need.''

''That's 50 miles. Too big a risk before.'' Daryl got up from his seat, throwing his crossbow over his shoulder. ''Ain't now. I'm gonna take a group out. Best not waste any more time.''

''I'm in.'' Michonne spoke up from her place, Hershel looking over towards her. 

''You haven't been exposed. Daryl has. You get in a car with him...''

''He's already given me fleas.'' She spoke as both her and Measi chuckled 

''I can lead the way. I know where everything's kept.''

''When we're out there, it's always the same. Sooner or later we run.'' Daryl looked at Hershel, softly nodding to his leg. He had a fake one now, but he was still unable to run on it. Hershel gave a soft nod. 

''I can draw you a map.'' As Daryl wanted to leave, Measi stopped him. 

''There are other precautions I feel we should take.'' All eyes turned to her, Carol frowning at the teenager. 

''Like what?''

''We don't know long it'll be before Daryl will return.'' She spoke up, her three fingers motioning to Daryl. ''Wouldn't it make sense for us to separate the most vulnerable?'' She questioned as she looked over to Hershel, knowing he would understand her point.