Chapter three

Measi jerked awake as the backpack shifted from underneath her head. The noise of the church door had woken her up as she rubbed her eyes awake, looking at the backpack with a small frown, not remembering putting it under her head. She glanced at Glenn with a grateful smile, silently thanking him. 

''Stop.'' Everyone looked Sasha as she stood in front of Gabriel. ''What are you doing?'' When he didn't answer, she stepped closer. ''What are you doing?'' Measi had gotten up from the bench by now, walking her sniper resting in front of her as she held it close. ''This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone.'' Measi frowned as she glanced around. Where the hell was Daryl? 

''I... I don't... I don't have anything to do with this.'' Sasha pulled her knife out as he backed up, Rosita screaming at her ''Don't!''

''Sasha, put it away.'' Tyreese tried to reason. But not only Sasha had drawn her knife, Measi had too as she stood closer to the priest. ''Who's out there?''

''I-- I don't have anything... to do with this.''

''Where are our people?''

''I don't have anything to--''

''Where are our people?!''

''Please, I don't have anything to do with this. I--'' Tyreese pulled Sasha back as Measi glanced around, trying to figure out what had happened in the few hours she slept. ''Why'd you bring us here?'' She questioned, her arms folded together as she rested the knife on her other arm. 

''Please, I--''

''You working with someone?''

''I'm alone. I'm alone. I was always alone.''

''What about the woman in the food bank, Gabriel?'' Measi frowned, looking at the ones who went to the food bank. ''What did you do to her? You'll burn for this. That was for you. Why? What are you gonna burn for, Gabriel? What? What did you do?'' Rick grabbed his collar, pushing him back. ''What did you do?!''

Gabriel pushed him off as Measi clocked her gun, pointing it at Gabriel in defense. ''I lock the doors at night. I always lock the doors at night. I always lock the doors at night. I always--'' He started to cry as Measi tried to see if it were an act, but Gabriel seemed genuinely scared.  ''They started coming, my congregation. Atlanta was bombed the night before and they were scared. They were-- they were looking for a safe place, a place where they felt safe.'' Glenn and Measi looked at each other, remembering very clearly when Atlanta was bombed.  ''And it was so early. It was so early. And the doors were still locked.'' Measi realized, he had left them outside the doors, leaving them to die. ''There were so many of them and they were trying to pry the shutters and banging on the sidings, screaming at me. And so the dead came for them.''

''Women... children.'' He looked at Carl and Measi as he spoke that word. ''Entire families calling my name as they were torn apart, begging me for mercy. Begging me for mercy. Damning me to hell.'' Measi rolled her eyes at that, she never believed in a life after death. ''I buried their bones. I buried it all.'' 

''The Lord sent you here to finally punish me.'' Measi groaned loudly, turning to Glenn with a small smirk. ''I could kill him if he is asking that.'' 

''Not now.'' 

''I'm damned. I was damned before. I always lock the doors. I always lock the doors.'' Measi's eye caught something as she pointed her sniper at a figure outside, laying in the grass. 

''There's something-- there's someone outside lying in the grass.'' They rushed outside to see Bob with only one leg left. Measi glanced at her right hand in a reflex. ''Bob! Bob.'' She looked at the walkers as she and Glenn walked forward, Measi with the knife in her hand ''Get Bob inside. We'll take care of them.'' They took out more walkers as she saw more coming, more than they could handle right now.