Chapter fourteen

Eight months ago 

The group had made camp in the woods not too far from the road. Daryl and herself had set up small cans and car parts as an alarm for walkers. They had spotted a cabin not too far away, and Measi had decided to check it out by herself. Her sniper was secure around her back as she held her knife in her hand. Next to that, a handgun was tucked in a holster around her waist. She approached the cabin with precaution, knowing that it could be full with walkers.

She opened the door softly as she looked inside, not seeing any undead in there. It was slightly weird to be out by herself, usually she would take Nathan or someone else with her. She took off her backpack as she threw some batteries and other supplies in there before she heard a soft growl. She got up from her spot as she threw her backpack back on her bag. She opened one of the doors to a master bedroom, not finding any dead ones. When she opened up yet another door, she stopped her pace, staring at a child walker who turned around to face her. 

The walker tried to walk to her, but it's knee was popped out, resulting it to fall back to the ground as Measi took a step back. She debated for a moment to kill it or not, it seemed no threat but leaving a child like it, she didn't want to do it. She held her knife as she bend down, pushing the knife into her head softly as it fell to the ground with a thud. 

She pulled back her knife as she wondered around the cabin, frowning as she didn't find her parents in the cabin. She grabbed a letter from the nightstand next to the bed. She read it before she pursed her lips together, grabbing the now dead girl and laying her on the bed. 

She grabbed another few supplies before leaving the cabin again and arriving back in camp. Nathan could see that she was more sad than usual, he frowned at her before hugging her, not asking what was wrong but just holding her for a moment before she shrugged of her her bag and getting out some canned food and water, getting praise from the other group members.

Present 

Measi was walking up the stairs of another watchtower, they had decided that Measi needed to be in one of the further watchtowers to make sure she wouldn't be pinned down within the first few seconds. They had decided that Nathan was going into another watch tower, so now they had two snipers up in the air. Measi used her usual sniper while Nathan used the sniper they gathered from Morgan. 

She placed down the last of her ammo before she watched just outside of the fences. From where she sat, there was less to see, but it was much more secure. It was hard to see beyond the fences, so she wouldn't be able to see them coming and had to wait for a signal from Daryl. She sighed as she opened the hatch and leaving again, meeting up with Nathan who greeted her with a small kiss. 

''How're you holding up?'' She shrugged as they continued to walk inside, the group had met up not long before so they had a free afternoon to themselves. She landed herself onto the bed, smiling to herself as she stared at the ceiling. She heard a soft knock, her head going to the side as she looked at Daryl.

''You up for some hunting?'' She smiled as she nodded, grabbing her sniper from the ground and gearing herself up, kissing Nathan goodbye as they got the car outside of the fences, Merle watching his brother and half-sister leave. 

The two siblings were in the woods as they tracked the tracks of a deer in the ground. It was visible that they were a bit out of sinc ever since Daryl had left the prison and now was no different. 

You could hear the leafs crunch under Measi's feat and Daryl missed his shot. After a while they had stopped trying and they were now casually walking in the woods instead if hunting for the deer. They were walking next to each other, not speaking a word. When they heard a growl they stopped in their tracks, glancing at each other as Daryl got his crossbow ready and Measi got out her knife. 

''As silent as possible.'' She nodded at him as they stood back to back, waiting for the first growl to finally reach them. It turned out, it wasn't just one growl, but more like a dozen growls. Measi her eyes widened as the first four cornered them. She pushed the first one back as she stabbed another one into the head. She could feel her heartbeat increasing as she tried to keep up with the walkers around them. 

Her eyes were roaming around, trying to find a way out, as she could see that they weren't going to keep up with the amount of walkers around them. She panted in between words as she got Daryl's attention. ''Daryl.'' She stabbed another one in the head before continuing. ''We won't keep up.'' She pushed another one back before hitting one in it's throat, she pulled the knife back as she jammed it into his head. ''We need to get out.'' 

She could hear his panting as well as he gave her an 'okay.' She looked around as she kicked another walker away. ''Through the side lines, split up.'' She panted as she stabbed another one. ''And meet at the car.'' 

''Let's do it.'' They counted down as they ran for it, Measi going to the right as Daryl left to the other side. Measi by now had gotten her sniper of her back and into her hands, shooting walkers that git too close as she tried to find her way to the car. Her eyes landed on a particular walker, a child. The boy looked at her as it growled at her, trying to bite her as she pushed her arm in front of her, allowing it to bite in her leather jacket. She tugged on it for a moment as she thought back of the girl she found eight months ago, pushing the blade of her knife into this child as well, quickly looking if he had gotten through her jacket. 

Luckily, it hadn't. She panted as she exited the tree line, now being on the road, but not at the car. She tried to calm down slightly while the adrenaline was still in her body, trying to think clear on what direction she had to go in to find the car.  

She cleared her mind for a moment, they came from the east, she had turned herself around 4 times, so she was facing east again. She smirked at herself as she started running towards where the car was supposed to be. ''Come on!'' She sprinted into the car where Daryl was already waiting for her, pulling her into the car as they sped of. 

Measi laid a hand on her chest, her breathing finally becoming steady again as she took her sniper of her back and set it between her knees, chuckling as she turned to Daryl. ''well that was thrilling.'' She looked out of her window, smiling. ''But let's not. And i repeat not, do that again.'' 

''Agreed.'' The two siblings smiled at each other as they clapped their hands together and continued their way to the prison. 

So, this entire chapter was fully my own input because this entire episode was about Woodbury and Andrea so I hope you enjoyed my own input on this story and if you did please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I upload. See you next week!

-X Violet's-library