Chapter five

Measi was getting more anxious with the minute, she had gone to see Glenn not too long ago. He looked awful and they were losing people with the second. She hated it to be one of the two people out of quarantine and not being able to do anything except for killing walkers at the fences.  She hand't told Maggie about her visit to make sure she wouldn't rush in there. The two girls were outside killing the walkers that were clinging to the fences as Rick's car came back, Maggie rushing to the gate to open it. Measi stayed where she was, glancing at the car every few seconds, noticing Carol wasn't there.

She shook it off, already having a feeling that she was gone as Measi began to kill the walkers again, blood covering her hands and her cheeks. Her clothes were beginning to stain and stick to her skin as blood, combined with sweat covered her sight. She moved her sleeve to her face, rubbing it out of her eyes as she took a few steps back, beginning to get nervous as she looked at the walkers. They were with more than when they took the fence down and she was the only one at the fence this time. She sighed as she clutched the pole in her hands before digging it into another walker's skull with full force. 

Rick and Maggie met up with her at the fence, the truck full with pols of wood to hold the fences up. As the two of them put them up, Measi kept working on killing the walkers that were trying to get to them. ''She killed them, didn't she?'' Rick and Maggie turned to her, getting what she was talking about. 

''Yeah ... '' Rick shielded his eyes from the sun as he looked at her. ''How'd you know?'' She shrugged her shoulders as she stuck the pole in yet another skull. 

''I noticed the signs,'' she held up a finger to them. ''don't ask, I cannot explain.'' the two adults chuckled at her as Rick turned to Maggie, starting a conversation about her father being in Cell block A. Measi could feel Rick glance at her missing fingers, as she held the pole tightly, it softly slipping as she could only hold it with eight fingers instead of ten. 

The trio looked up from their work when they heard the loud sound of a gunshot. Measi and Rick glanced at each other as Maggie kept chucking the wood polls with her ax. 

''Go.'' Rick spoke up, Maggie shaking her head at him. 

''The fence is more important. We need to keep it standing.''

''We got this.'' Rick spoke again, his eyes roaming to Measi. 

''You can't do this alone.''

''I know. Go.'' Maggie ran away from the duo, Measi frowning at him as she looked back at the walkers. 

''And now?''

''Getting Carl.'' He spoke as he started to walk away, he pointed at the stick next to her. ''Keep going.'' 

Measi stuck the pole back into skulls, at this point the fence was starting to give in as her right hand slipped from the pole over and over again. Hair, sweat and blood covered her face as she waited anxiously for Rick and Carl. The stitches above her knuckles were hurting as one of them had sprung open and blood was now slowly dripping from her hand. 

It had become dark very quickly, and she had to squint her eyes in order to see in the dark. She sighed in relief when Rick and Carl finally got to the fence, the two of them taking the poles as she kept killing them. She turned her head at a snapping sound, her eyes widening as he fences fell down, the trio running back to the guard tower that connected the fences on the other side. 

They stared at the walkers as Measi tried to think of a solution. 

''Dad, what do we do?''

''Maybe I could back the bus up against the fence.''

''That won't hold.'' Measi spoke up, her eyes roaming in every direction for an answer.  The fence rattled as Rick's eyes fell on the containers with the guns, tapping both children as he nodded to the containers. ''Come on.''

Measi filled her pockets with ammo as she took a gun from Rick, listening to his instructions, as she had never shot with an automatic gun.

''Magazine goes in here. Release is here. Make sure it latches.'' He spoke as he tapped it a few time to make sure it held. ''Pull back the operating rod and rounds feed up. Keep squeezing the trigger for rapid fire, okay?''

''All right.''

''You shoot or you run. Don't let 'em get close, okay?'' Both children nodded as the second fence came down, allowing the walkers to come at them. Measi placed her finger on the trigger, telling herself that it was just like her sniper. As the walkers filled the prison the three of them shot at every single one they could find, Measi putting in another magazine as she walked closer, her finger still holding onto the trigger as she shot walker after walker. 

Her brown hair fell in front of her eyes as she kept shooting at the walkers, her heartbeat was raising as she looked at Rick and Carl, who were still rapidly firing at the walkers as well

Her brown hair fell in front of her eyes as she kept shooting at the walkers, her heartbeat was raising as she looked at Rick and Carl, who were still rapidly firing at the walkers as well. Her hand was trembling at this point and she had to tell herself to keep it together. 

When all the walkers were down, she set the gun back, emptying her pockets as she took a pole from the rack, walking through the mass of walkers as she killed those who weren't dead yet. Carl and Rick did the same as they were careful to step besides them, watching for any movement. Her head turned back at the sound of an engine, smiling as she looked at the familiar car. 

''Dad ... everything's gonna be okay.'' Carl spoke as he rushed to the gate to get it open, Measi rushing after him as she stuck her hair up in a messy ponytail. The car stopped in front of them as Tyreese looked at Rick, asking for Sasha. 

Measi saw Daryl first, rushing to her half-brother as she held onto his waist, staining his shirt with blood and sweat. ''We're okay Triggerfinger.'' She pulled back as Nathan came around the corner, smiling at his girlfriend as he pulled her close to him, taking in the scent of blood that stuck to her. He pulled back, looking at her stained face before lifting her hand up to his view, looking at the broken stitches. 

She shook her head at him as she pulled him into a kiss, his lips getting stained with the blood she had on her as his hand moved into her hair playing with her brown locks, hearing a soft chuckle from Daryl from behind them. Relief washed over her as she moved her hands into his neck, playing with the hairs in the back of his neck. She chuckled into the kiss as she felt him tug her closer with the hand on her lower back. 

thank you for rejoining me on this chapter, I loved to write this chapter and I hope you enjoyed reading it. If you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I post! See you Sunday!

-X Violet's-library