Act I - Scene 1: Setting in Motion

SC01 - Setting in Motion

EXT. AEDRYN. NIGHT.

A clear night sky sparkles with a million stars. As the moon rises it slowly illuminates the world of Aedryn and the first thing that appears is a lonely island with a ruined, stone structure in the center.

V.O: Aedryn. A world always on the edge of war. From the great wars of old, against demons mighty...

Demons and humans war on a vast plain, humanity wielding nothing but swords and the enemy employing devestating magics.

V.O: ...to the petty squabbles of today that divide the human nations.

A battleship shells a fortified shoreline and more ships and airships are at battle in the distance.

V.O: But of all the nations, the greatest and most powerful is Mayagarde. The great empire that rules over all eastern Aedryn.

The moonlight hits the city of Mayagarde. It's walls shine brightly and the inside is illuminated by the lights of houses and industry.

V.O: Led by the Emperor Zammadria Crimson and his senate, Mayagarde now stands on the brink of victory against their western rivals. At long last the world is at a tipping point. The decisions that are made now will be crucial. Will they finally bring peace and unity to the world, or will the thirst for power consume them?

The light now shines upon a small town, far to the south. As the voiceover continues the town gets closer and closer, to the point that a small chapel is visible and eventually a child - a young girl can be seen in the garden.

V.O: However, my story does not begin with war. In fact, I couldn't have wanted to be further from it. My story begins with a question. A question that drove me to the ends of the world and beyond. It brought me to people that I couldn't have imagined meeting before, to places that only ever existed in my dreams... and to decisions I never thought myself capable of making. This is my story and it starts with a simple question. Who am I?

The sun rises and the child shields her eyes as she is engulfed in the daylight.