Chapter 28

Thunderlane's POV

Rumble has been gone all night. I've been up waiting for him, for literally the whole night.
I bet he has run away! He's ashamed to be my brother now isn't he?
I'm sorry Rumble, if only I could go back in time and fix what I've done!

I stared at the clock. Each tick made me even more impatient! I can't just stand here I have to go find him! But where? Maybe Fluttershy can help.

I flew quickly over to Fluttershy's cottage. When I got there the door was wide open!
" Fluttershy, are you alright?" I shouted before walking inside.
When I did, I wish I didn't.
" What are you doing here?" Shouted Rainbow Dash.
She was pacing around in circles. There was also a stallion sitting down, he looked very familiar.
" Oh, I err came here to see Fluttershy. What are you doing here?" I asked nervously.
" Fluttershy's gone out to get supplies and told me to lie down and recover while Guilda has gone to find Scootaloo."
I looked at her, but avoided eye contact.
"Oh, is Scootaloo missing too?" I asked.
"Sorta, wait who else is missing?"
" Rumble has been gone all night and I have no idea where he is, I was hoping he was just hiding here because he was annoyed at me, but he's obviously not." I said hanging my head low. " I think I'll go now, won't bother you two any long-"
"Wait..." She interrupted." I'm err... Please don't go yet."

I was so confused, " I thought that you hated me."
She looked at me, disappointed. "Hates a strong word... I just don't know if I..." She paused for a moment looked over at the stallion then continued. "What I'm trying to say is that I think keeping a grudge on you for any longer will be a bit... childish. Everypony else has forgiven you, and... I think I will too!" She finally said.

I smiled, "Thank you, and I know I was stupid and ignorant, but I really have changed and you can even ask Cloudchaser." I ran up to her, to hug her.

She smiled awkwardly, and tried to slowly pushed me away, " Ok, I've forgiven you and all but, not that much..."
I backed up "Oh ok, sorry..."

"Hey, what's going on here?" Whispered Fluttershy.
Rainbow Dash, rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I've finally forgiven him."
Fluttershy looked like she was going to explode from happiness, but instead ran up to and hugged both of us. "yayy" She cheered quietly.

"Now Rainbow you have to lie down and rest. Your leg isn't going to repair unless you do." Fluttershy said softly.
Rainbow Dash groaned. "Fine. But I really wanted to help Scootaloo. That's the reason I came back here."

She sighed. " But Rainbow, if you..." She was interrupted by Rainbow Dash's begging. " Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please-"
" Ok, ok, promise you'll come back straight after"
Without a second to spare Rainbow dashed off screaming "Will doo!"
The stallion also started" I'll go after her... just to make sure she doesn't get hurt." He said before taking off following the rainbow trail left by Rainbow.
It suddenly dawned on me. That was Soarin from the Wonderbolts. I almost fanboyed, but instead I quickly cleared my throat.
Fluttershy muttered something under her breath, before turning around to face me.
" Anyway, what did you come here for Thunderlane?"
" I was hoping you would know where Rumble is, he's been gone all night."
She thought for second then said, " The last time I saw Rumble was when he went after Scootaloo when I was..."
" Oh yeah I saw him flying her towards the library or something, but haven't you seen him since."
Fluttershy shook her head " No, sorry, but I promise if I do then I'll make sure he goes back to you." She smiled.
"Thanks." I smiled back.

I really didn't know what to do. He's got to be somewhere, probably staying at a friends house. Well, I don't know any of his friends, except... Scootaloo!!

I looked up to see a trail of Rainbow, still slightly visible. And next to it a smoky trail which was more obvious.
I need to follow that before it fades away. I thought, before taking off.