CH7 - Communication Is Key

After climbing off of the train, all three of us began to walk up the stairs. During the entire journey back home, my mind was racing through many random things while I kept my mouth shut with my eyes darting around the trees, the ground, everywhere else so I am not going to make eye contact with Boss Baby or my oaf of a brother who is blessed with that perfect timing of his, that will forever follow his energy.

Needless to say, the atmosphere was a bit awkward, especially in the silence that is hanging in the air, but I guess no one was in the mood for a talk. I don't blame them for it. I wouldn't talk either.

Anyways we eventually reached the top of the stairs and I was ready to just bolt away from the scene-.

"Hey, wait, sis!" I hear my brother call out to me while his hand making contact with my left shoulder, causing me to flinch a little in reflex. "Listen, can we talk?" At that I turned to look at him and like usual, I gave him a look while letting out a questioning hum as my response. 

I really don't know what should I expect from him at this point. 

After all, we hadn't seen face to face properly since I went to live in the temple. Sure, I heard from Ruby that he had come to ask about me, but he never came to ask how I was, or any of those questions directly to me, personally, and that somewhat rubbed me in the wrong way. 

Oh who am I kidding. 

It did rubbed me in the wrong way, especially since he did made a promise to me to be a better brother, if I remember correctly. . .  

"Later I mean." Yusuke added on quickly, sounding really nervous. "I have some talk with grandma over there. But after that, maybe you can spare some time for it?" I turned my head away for a second, but in the end, I sighed and I took a few steps forward into the temple, with my sibling's grasp slip away from my shoulder.

"I'll do my homework then." I replied to him shortly while sounding a little blunt, clearly not in the mood to talk with him. "And if you eventually decide to show up with your sorry ass, make sure you take the effort to knock this time." With that I stomped my way into the quite building. However, on my way, I see two familiar figure approaching from the corner of the hall.

"Hello Miyuki!" Yukina greeted me while she and Ruby were walking past me in the halls. I have a small nod of acknowledgement to them before just going ahead and try make my get away plan a reality. Before I was able to make a step though, I hear a small yelp come out of nowhere. My head lowered down so I am able to see the source. The small fox cub apparition who peaked his head out while hiding behind the Ice Maiden's ankle.

"Do I even have to ask?" I questioned the girls as I pointed at the little one who let out a small whine and retreated back into his hiding spot.

"Oh, there is no need to worry this time, I promise!" My fellow bender friend came to reassure me while rapidly waving her hands in front of me. "Yukina has been keeping an eye out on Hachiko, and even trains him since the incident. So he is all good now. "

"Hachiko?" Asked as I looked down at the fox cub that looks down at his paws, like he is scared or ashamed to look at me now.

"It just sounded right." Ruby replied to me with a small shrug. "Also, Yukina liked the sound of it." She added while I see Hiei's sister bend down and pick up the little one into her arms. "Oh, I almost forgot!" My friend suddenly cried out while slapping her forehead. "When Kurama left, he gave an invitation to you too." For a moment I froze at the mention of my childhood best friend, but I eventually got my composure back, once I was able to shake the stupid doubts off of my mind for the time being.