CH23 - That First Step Of Bravery - Part 2

[Meanwhile in Spirit World. . .] 

As soon as the young prince went through, Botan's, Ayame's and Jorge's eyes closed in reflex as soon as their ears caught the doors shutting close on their former boss's frame.

The trio's shoulders drop down, but not because they were relaxed or relieved. It looked more like they had just gave up and accepted some sort of defeat, even though the battle that the young prince was about to face is just about to get started.

Jorge was in the verge of tears as per usual, filled with anxiety from top to bottom, making him rant about how his Koenma have to now basically be on a trial with his own father who will likely show no mercy for his decisions, even though he is his own flesh and blood. 

Many horrifying scenarios ran through the ogre's mind and he also couldn't stop sobbing.

Botan's feelings were mutual to his, but unlike the blue ogre behind her, she had restrained her own distress, not wanting to cause trouble to her friends from work.

"Worry not Botan." A gentle voice called out to her soothingly as a hand of Ayame's was placed onto the young bluenette grim reaper's shoulder. "I am sure Lord Koenma is able to compromise something with the King." The words made the Captain of the SDF nearby scoff in disbelief, not wanting to believe that these people still think that Koenma was not in the wrong.

"Well, what had been done now is done." Otake couldn't help it but let this out, which made the trio dart their eyes at his presence,  their own emotions boiling up secretly. "Whatever may happen, I hope King Enma will able to guide his son back onto the right track." His opinion of course was only met with blazing anger that is coming from both Jorge's and Botan's gaze, but before they can do anything or give a piece of their mind, Ayame squeezed her co-worker's shoulder as a way to keep her grounded.

"If I remember correctly, you still have some reports to look at Captain." The woman spoke politely, her face showing no emotion. "They came from your team members not too long ago." Otake's eyes went narrow at the female figure before his gaze jumped onto the blue ogre and the grim reaper in Sakura-pink kimono.

"Hmpf." In a huff and with one last look at them, the leader of the SDF left, his cape floating behind with grace and pride while the knocking of his footsteps bounced off of the walls, echoing loudly, before taking a turn to the left and disappear completely. Once he was gone, the trio was able to have a breath for themselves, or be free from at least one tension for the day.

"Ugh, what an absolute yes-man." The ogre commented to himself meekly, not wanting to risk his words being delivered by the long hall's walls. "A man like him doesn't deserve to be called captain, let alone be chosen as one."

"As much as I agree with you on this one Jorge, there is really nothing any of us can do about it." Ayame reminded him about the facts. Something which she hates to do, but she also knew being too hopeful about things don't always help.

"Not us maybe." Botan repeated those words, her voice catching her fellow co-workers' attention. "But maybe Koenma can. . ." She added as she, Ayame and Jorge turned their heads back to the other hall which ended with the entrance of King Enma's throne room.