CH10 - What To Chose. . . ? - Part2

As soon as Hokushin and his men disappeared from our sight, I was able to let my shoulders and muscles in my body relax for the meantime. But unfortunately, not without the unsettling stress that the news had left us with.

It's still hard to believe that me and Yusuke are being descendants of some powerful demon that is also ranked as one of the strongest beings in all Demon World. But now it turns out that ancestor of ours is also some kind of royalty, or at least someone with high ranked authority above many demons?

Give me a freaking break already.

Out of all demons, our ancestor, Raizen, happens to be one of the kings in Demon World. . . And this means we will get into another rough ride of our lives, no matter how much I don't want to get all tangled up in a new mess.

But once again, fate hadn't given us much of a choice. . .

And just as I am about to think that things could not get any stranger, I sensed a presence approaching the area, making me and Yusuke turn to see Kuroko emerging from the shadows, her face holding a grave expression and eyes scanning both me and Yusuke.

"You two have to go." Was the first thing that left her mouth, making me look at her a bit baffled, especially by the tone she was using.

"Kuroko?" Yusuke called out her name questioningly, just as taken aback as I was about her sudden change of demeanour.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked her carefully just before the gentle breeze passed by.

"Long enough." The retired detective replied, her tone becoming slightly firm. Then I see her gaze become hard and soon they turned from me to look at my brother's figure. "I heard everything you had said. You would be better off in Demon World. " Her words felt like a stung from a prick, while my stomach just dropped. . .

Her statement. . . what made her come to this conclusion?

Did. . . did she heard my brother's speech about human's?

"Kuroko?" I once more got the courage to speak. "What gave you the conclusion?" It is a rather foolish way to ask her about it, because deep down, my gut knew deep down what made her change her opinions. . .

"The words that your brother had left in the air." She replied, her sharp gaze never leaving Yusuke's figure that had been standing on the spot, stunned by shock. "Without hesitation you described people as food." She continued on, slightly glaring at the description part." That's not something an ordinary person would just accept. I'm afraid you don't belong in this world."

"Kuroko, don't be like that." I tried to reason with her. As much as do understand her side, and how my brother's choice of words were bad when they were said out loud, but at the same time, Yusuke just said that conclusion without thinking. However, the conclusion he usually says, they would be something foolish or stupid.

But this. . . They were actually reflecting some of the the ugly truth. . . the ugly side of nature that is out in the world, but not many would acknowledge it because of fear and disgust. . . or many would be in denial. . .

"Save your breath with logical explanations. . ." The woman told me as she finally ripped her stare from my brother and is now meeting my eyes. I felt myself mentally flinch at the emotions that are mixing within those orbs, but it's not the fury that got my attention the most. It was the . . . sorrow. . . sadness that is whirling in there. . . "As if there is one. . . but the fact that you let him tell all this just shows you are no better than him."