CHAPTER 9 - TRAINING

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Maki and Okkotsu finished their mission and are now in the hospital. 

Maki and the 2 kids they were assigned to save were injured. Gojo and Okkotsu are in the waiting room. 

"They said Maki and the 2 kids will be ok." Gojo said. "Good." Okkotsu replied. "You don't look relieved. Is something wrong?" Gojo asked.

"For the first time, I summoned Rika." The boy said. "Is that so? Then that's a step forward." Gojo said. 

"But here's the thing. Maybe Rika is not cursing me but I'm cursing her instead." Okkotsu said.

"I've always believed love manifests the most distorted curses." Gojo replied. "Sensei. I'm going to unravel Rika at Jujutsu High." Okkotsu looked at Gojo with determination.

It's been 3 months since Okkotsu's been at Jujutsu Tech. Right now, the first-years are doing training. Well more like Panda, Inumaki, and (F/N) watching Maki and Okkotsu spar. 

Maki with her usual staff and Okkotsu with a katana Gojo gave him. The katana was for him to channel the curse of Rika into it and control it. 

Gojo was just talking to the higher ups of the Jujutsu community. When he was finished, he started to walk to the bunch. 

"Hey, hey, everyone! How's it going?" Gojo asked. "Oh um..." Okkotsu was then whacked by Maki's staff. The others were just watching them. 

"Pay attention!" Maki yelled. "Yes, ma'am." Okkotsu said. "Get ready, baldie!" Maki yelled yet again. "Yes, ma'am." Okkotsu said.

Right now, all those who are watching, including Okkotsu, just thought the same thing. -So strict!- "You're going to hit me, right!?" Maki yelled. "Yes, ma'am!" Okkotsu yelled back.

Now this is where the sparing really begins. Maki started to attack Okkotsu first but he blocked it. He then went to attack her but she dodged the attack by flipping herself. 

He thought of attacking her when she landed but Maki kicked him and made him off balance. "NO WAY! ACK!" Okkotsu yelled. Maki once again bonked Okkotsu in the head. 

"And you're dead." Maki said. "GAH!" Okkotsu yelled. "I won again." Maki announced. "Was the last part really necessary?" Okkotsu asked.

"Don't be like that. Act like this is a real fight. We improve more quickly when there are consequences to suffer." Maki shrugged. That made Okkotsu determined. 

"One more time! Please!" He shouted. Gojo was with the students at the side while Maki and Okkotsu continued to spar. More like a one sided spar to be honest. 

"It's been 3 months since Yuta joined us. He's moving a lot better." Gojo said. "He's less nervous and more talkative now." Panda said.

"He's more positive too." (F/N) commented. "Salmon." Inumaki agreed. "Maki-chan looks more happy because there's someone other than her that uses weapons." (F/N) said. "Salted fish roe." Inumaki nodded.

POV - FUSHIGURO (F/N)

Panda then looked mischievous and started to smile. -Panda's smiling!? Smiling Panda equals a mischievous Panda.- 

"Uhm, I'm gonna go closer to Maki-chan and Okkotsu-kun." I said. I started to walk away. "YUTA! GET OVER HERE!" Panda yelled. "Yeah, Panda?" Okkotsu asked Panda once he was near him.

"Listen up. It's super important! Do you like big boobs or smaller ones?" Panda asked. I was not out of ear shot and heard what Panda said. 

-WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!? OKKOTSU-KUN LOOKS LIKE HE'S ABOUT TO ANSWER THE QUESTION TOO! IMMA GO REAL QUICK!- I quickly went to Maki-chan.

POV - OKKOTSU YUTA

I was taken back by the question but still answered Panda. "Uhm... I don't have a preference but maybe medium size." I said. 

"Gotcha. MAKI! (F/N)!" Panda yelled. "Yeah?" Maki replied. "Things are looking good." Panda looked strange.

3rd POV - AUTHOR

"I'm just wearing a binder." (F/N) said and walked to Okkotsu and Inumaki and stood right beside them. It took a little for Maki to understand but when she did, she attacked Panda. 

"WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT!? I'LL KILL YA!" Maki yelled. "OH DON'T BE EMBARRASSED! WHAT ARE YOU, A KID!?" Panda provoked Maki even more.

"YOU'RE DEAD MEAT! EVEN THE WORLD WILDLIFE FUND AIN'T GONNA SAVE YOU HERE!" Maki yelled. (F/N) was just laughing. "HAHAHAHA!" "HAHA! What're you talking about?" Okkotsu said.

"Kelp." Inumaki said. Okkotsu and Inumaki then stared at each other. "You still don't understand Inumaki-kun yet, right, Okkotsu-kun?" (F/N) asked.

"Ya." The said boy replied. "Don't worry. You'll understand soon. What he just said was like a greeting." (F/N) translated Inumaki's words. "Oh. Hey, Inumaki." Okkotsu replied.

Gojo then clapped. "Gather up. You 3 keep training I guess." Gojo pointed at an almost dead panda, a still very angry Maki, and a calm (F/N). 

"Toge. A curse is assigned to you because you're best suited for this. Take care of it." Gojo said. "Salmon." Inumaki nodded. "Assigned?" Okkotsu questioned.

"He's a lone grade 2 among the first years. He even gets solo missions. (F/N) too. She's a special grade 1." Panda replied. 

They looked at Panda on the floor with Maki with her feet on him. "Wow! That's amazing!" Okkotsu said. Maki just stared at him, remembering his grade on his school card.

"Go with him, Yuta. Support Toge." Gojo said. "Support?" Okkotsu asked. "Watch and learn. Every sorcerer is different. And there are just as many exorcist techniques as well. Toge's cursed speech is a good example. Try to learn what you can. Unraveling curses requires understanding curses." Gojo continued.

Yuta was distracted to hear Inumaki going up to him until he felt a hand on his shoulders. "Salmon." Inumaki said. 

"AH! Er... Um... I'm sorry?" Okkotsu questioned. "Hey Yuta." Gojo called out. "Yes?" The boy replied. 

"Sorry I can't go with you guys on this one. This is a mission that's easy enough for Toge to handle alone, so relax. There's only one thing you should be concerned about. And that is to not let Rika come out. There's no guarantee she'll calm down like last time. Only use as much of Rika's powers as you can through the sword. If she manifests again, you and I would be disposed of!" Gojo stated.

"HUH!? WHA..." Okkotsu started to panic. "OFF YOU GO!" Gojo shouted. And like that, off went Okkkotsu and Inumaki.