CHAPTER 18 - A VISIT FROM KYOTO PART 2

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - KUGISAKI NOBARA

I was lying on the floor. Holes in my new tracksuit. -How dare she! I bought this a few days ago!- 

"If you're gonna continue being a sorcerer, then you better watch who you're picking a fight with!" The Mai girl said.

I was just listening to what she said, annoyed. She was also pointing her gun at me. What she didn't notice but I did was that Maki-san was walking towards us. 

I was just listening to their conversation. "Mai, what are you doing to my errand girl?" Maki-san moved her staff and pushed Mai's gun away from me. 

"Oh. You're so worthless that I didn't notice you, Maki." Mai said. 

"I'd say we're both pretty useless. All you can do is imbue things with cursed energy. You don't even have a cursed technique." Maki-san shot back.

"Well, it's better than not having cursed energy at all. If I keep looking up at my goals, then my neck would start to hurt. Sometimes I have to look at what's below me." Mai replied.

This girl was just pissing me off. -Maki-san doesn't have cursed energy nor a technique? I got to ask her if that's true later on.- 

"Forget it. This is useless and a waste of time. We're both at the bottom. Nobara! Can you stand up!?" Maki-san called to me.

"Doubt it. She'll be down for a while. I got her pretty good." Mai said. I was now beyond pissed. I got up when Maki-san swiped her staff near her face. I went behind Mai. 

"What? You wanna get at it?" Mai asked. That was when I held her in a chokehold with my arms and my legs wrapped around her waist. We both fell down. 

"Nice teamwork, Maki-san! You tore my new tracksuit. Leave your uniform behind as a compensation. I'll make it my summer uniform." I said. 

"Maybe I should open some holes in your body next. Besides, your legs are too short to make this look good." Mai said. "I'll kill you." I said. Just then, footsteps could be heard.

"Mai, we're leaving." It was the Todo dude. "What!?" Mai shouted. I let go of Mai and stood up. I looked around and couldn't see Fushiguro. 

"Where's Fushiguro!?" I asked. "The others are with him." Maki-san replied. "Looks like you're having fun." Todo said.

"As if! I was just getting started." Mai said and also stood up. 

"Forget it. Unlike you, I've got some unfinished business here in Tokyo. Takeda-chan's Meet And Greet Event!" Todo yelled.

We all looked at him like he's an alien. "What if I miss the train and don't make it on time? Who knows what I might do? Let's go, Mai. I can't believe I didn't get the tickets for the Kyoto Event." Todo said.

"Sheesh! You're a pain in the ass!" Mai walked past us and over to Todo. Before she left, she turned around and faced us. 

"Hey, everyone. We won't go easy on you at the Goodwill Event." She said.

I was beyond pissed again by her words. "WHAT!? What makes you think you won or something!? I said to leave your uniform!" I yelled.

I was bonked in the head by Maki-san. "Yo, idiot. Shut up. What happened today doesn't matter. We'll stomp them at the event." She said.

We started to walk. I decided to ask her the question. "Maki-san. Is it true what she said? That you don't have cursed energy?" I asked.

"It's true. I can't even see curses without these glasses. I use tools that already have cursed energy in them. I can't manipulate my own cursed energy like everyone else. Sometimes I also ask (F/N)-chan to add more cursed energy in the tools I use." She said.

-The knife Itadori had must be one also.- "Then why did you become a sorcerer?" I asked. 

"To piss people off. Think about it. What if someone who's been looked down on like me became one hell of a sorcerer? How would my family react? I'd love to see their faces. Come on, let's go see Shoko-san or (F/N)-chan." She said.

I smiled. "You know, I really respect you." I said as I leaned on Maki-san. "Is that so? Good for you." Maki-san replied.

3rd POV - AUTHOR

While that was happening, Kyoto's principal, Gakuganji Yoshinobu, was waiting for Yaga to show up to their meeting. 

"Yaga's not here yet? Time comes with a high price for an old man who doesn't have much time left." Principal Gakuganji said.

Just then, the door opened and in came Gojo. "Principal Yaga won't be coming for a while. We forced (Scared) Ijichi into giving you a fake schedule." Gojo said.

Gojo then sat down on the couch in front of Gakuganji. "Let's talk about it..." Gojo started. "It? What are you talking about?" The old man asked.

"Don't play dumb, old man. This is about Itadori Yuji. A conservative leader like you has to be involved." Gojo pressed. 

"Well I'll be. The youth these days don't even know how to speak with respect. Aside from the girl that came to Kyoto last year, (F/N)-san." Gakuganji said.

"I don't intend to. It pisses me off how high and mighty old folks are today." Gojo said. "Hey!" A voice yelled out.

Miwa Katsumi was also in the room. "How dare you. I'll be sure to tell the people in charge about this." She said.

Gojo waved her off. "Go right ahead. I won't be long." Gojo said. Despite Miwa's calm face, she was fangirling about Gojo. 

"Last night, I was attacked by 2 unidentlifed special grade curses. It was the same ones as (F/N)-chan sighted when she was going out." Gojo said. "I'm sorry to hear that." Gakuganji said. 

"Save it. That happens all the time to me. It's like getting flyer handouts on the street. Those curses were able to communicate clearly. I bet there are more out there on their level. And it's not just enemies. Hakari, Okkotsu, (F/N), and Todo from your school. The students these days have gotten much stronger. Then there's the Geto Suguru incident from last year, as well as a vessel for Sukuna appearing." Gojo said.

"What're you saying?" Gakuganji asked. 

"You don't get it? The wave of power that you guys been ignoring to maintain your status and in the name of stupid traditions has gottem huge and is approaching. The new generation won't be limited to special grade. If you think I'm the only one who's gonna question your authority, you're gonna be in a world of hurt, old man!" Gojo said.

"You've got quite the mouth." The old dude said. "Yikes. I said my piece, so I'm outta here." Gojo said. He stood up and walked out before popping his head back in. 

"Oh right! Principal Yaga should be here in about 2 hours or so!" Gojo said. "Miwa, please go and buy me some tea." Grandpa said. "Right away." Miwa went out of the room and ran to Gojo for a photo.