Meant To Be

Elena POV

Well... gosh I am exhausted.

I know that's an odd thing to say right off the bat, but we haven't had a true moment to decompress until now! Last night was just a lot of relaxation so we can go to sleep... now, everything's over and the adrenaline crash I'm having right now is pretty intense if I'm being honest. It's like I've been building myself up for the last two days and now I can finally chill out, so all that energy is just... falling if I had to describe it! Luckily we get to chill out the whole day... no classes, no responsibilities, just... us time.

And right now, that sounds absolutely perfect! I mean, my mom said it, we haven't even had time to enjoy being engaged yet! We haven't even discussed it, well we did sort out the last name ordeal just now which I think ended splendidly as Harry gets to ditch his dad's name as his middle name and gets to have my last name which I love! But there's still so much to talk about, we've moved up a level after all! We're not boyfriend and girlfriend anymore... we're fiancé and fiancée! Which I have to ask him a few questions about this since there's a better chance that he knows more about this than I do, but do we have to change anything that we're already doing because of our engagement? Does anything change at all besides our title? I mean... doesn't being engaged mean we should maybe be on a more... intimate level than we already are? All I really know is what I pick up from the movies at this point, so I'm feeling a little clueless!

But luckily I'm not in this alone of course, I don't think I'll ever be in anything alone ever again actually! It's like we're a unit now, me and Harry against the world sort of thing! That's just one of the many reasons why being engaged feels so different to me, if it's actually that different I have yet to know, but I'm so excited about it regardless! I think Harry is too of course, I mean I've never seen him smile so big compared to when he officially proposed to me in front of everyone and I said yes, and that alone is simply so sweet! I think we were both crying a little bit too... gosh I'm simply so light and happy at the moment over everything, especially about how I feel so much more at peace with my dad... to say I feel great is probably an understatement!

Anyway, my mom left a few minutes ago or so now and Harry and I have just been... existing per se, almost like we both had to take a breather to just catch up and relax. We hadn't even moved, we just stayed sitting on our beds with our hands held in the middle, but I can feel already that it's one of those days for me... one of those "I wanna be closer" sort of days. So after a few minutes, I casually, but slowly as to not scare him, stood up and walked a step or two over to his bed and sat down next to him, leaning my head over onto his shoulder almost right away as I snuggled into his side a bit. I let out a happy little hum as he simply chuckled, leaned his head over and down onto mine, and wrapped his free arm, the one closest to me, around my shoulder and pull me a bit closer. He then sealed the deal as always, he simply leaned down a bit more to plant a little kiss on the top of my head, staying there for a good moment before parting to speak, his tone calm and gentle,

"So... does this mean ye wanna do something along these lines for the rest of the day love?"

Harry spoke, making me look up at him as I took a nice deep sigh, simply nodding a bit as I looked up at him and met those wonderfully sparkling ocean blues which oddly seem to pop even more now that he has that white streak of hair framing his face. I didn't even have much to say for now, I just wanted some snuggles honestly!

"Yeah... snuggles, maybe we chat about what being engaged implies too? I'm not entirely sure about some things and I think you have a better chance at knowing than I do"

I softly spoke before letting out a rather big yawn, making Harry chuckle a bit more as he snugged his arm around me,

"We can do all of that my dearest, I reckon the first good thing ta do would be ta change out of these clothes and into something more comfy aye? Then... how about... a nice movie and some good cuddles on the couch with the blinds shut and some candles lit? We can talk a bit during the movie as well, now does that sound?"