Chapter One - The North

The room was quiet as I entered, the big stone hall echoing with the sounds of my footsteps walking up to my throne seated at the top of the room, Hyde standing next to it as he nodded his head as I entered. The bottom of my dress dragged along the floor behind me as everybody looked down waiting for me to take my seat.

I turned as I sat down, the stone cool against my body as I lifted my head tapping my nails on the arm of the throne as I let out a little sigh, the metal of the delicate clawed fingers I had on creating a sharp tapping noise that echoed throughout the throne room and the slight flinch from people hearing it made me smile.

I turned to Hyde motioning him to bring the prisoner in as I leant my head back, the dress rustling with every move I made.

Hyde dragged in the male prisoner, one of Dagger's werewolves, who had managed to escape the battle, as I stared at him emotionless. He began to yell and curse at me as I continued to watch him and he was dropped at my feet, Hyde handing the chains to my nearby soldiers as he remained nearby, clearly wary of the prisoner.

I wrapped my hand around the arm of the chair, the claws digging in as I pushed myself to my feet, the werewolf in front of me stopping his complaining and bitter words as I stalked forward tilting my head.

The room once again fell silent as the only sound was the click of my heels. I tutted quietly as I trailed the metal clawed finger round his face, digging it in hard enough to leave a mark,

"You really should watch your words towards a Queen," I whispered as I grabbed him by the chin digging my claws in and drawing blood, the delicate liquid running down my fingers as I felt his jaw clench under my grasp. He struggled desperately against the chains wrapped around him but it was no use. Two of my guards held on tight to his restraints as I looked down at him,

"You aren't my queen, you're an abomination and you're a woman. You won't ever be a true leader and I won't bow to you" he said as his spit landed on my cheek and my face fell, fear immediately showing on his.

I let go of his chin as I swiped my finger delicately across my face wiping the spit off, "You are boring me now. Tell me where Dagger is, and I will let you and possibly your friends live" I said dismissively as I turned and walked back towards the throne,

I felt a tingle in my stomach as I heard the chains move and within a second he had leaped forward half transformed, his teeth aiming for my neck,

I turned around quickly, the train on my dress scraping against the floor as I narrowed my eyes and power flowed out of my body.

A few months ago I had to concentrate to do this, now it came as easily as breathing.

The werewolf froze as he hit the magical barrier surrounding my body and I raised my eyebrow, "What a shame, I had hoped to show some mercy today. Now I will just have to kill you" I sighed as he gritted his teeth and tried to move,

I rolled my eyes as I held my hand out to the side of me, "Hyde, surprise me" I said as I heard a shuffle and someone sort through an assortment of weapons laid out beside the throne. The werewolves' eyes widened as I felt something heavy placed in my palm and my fingers wrapped around the blade.

I turned as I bowed my head slightly to Hyde who nodded back at me and returned to stand next to the throne, squaring his shoulders as he clasped his hands behind his back.

I looked at my hand as I twirled the axe around, the ring of the metal through the air sending a small shiver down my spine.

"Oh now this is a fun way to start the week" I said as I held the axe to the werewolf's face,

"Do you know what this is?" I said as he watched me, his eyes wide, "Now this, this axe is from the hidden vaults under Ezerene. I stole it with a few other priceless objects that were hidden by the original vampires, taken away from those who would use it properly. Such a waste to leave such beautiful things underground, only to be consumed by time and dust" I informed as his eyes watched my every move.