Chapter 1

News Flash: Girl group Black Velvet Airport arrival, 9:00 in the morning KST—from a trusted source

After dominating every country on their world tour as the famous girl group Black Velvet, jumping countries to countries, at last the plane that they're boarding landed at Incheon International Airport. They were back in their homeland, South Korea.

"Glad we can have some time alone and a good rest! "Nayeon exclaimed rather energetically with both arms up mid-air and was eventually hindered by the sight in front of the airport.

"—or not?" she awkwardly smiles. They were anticipating the fresh, vibrant air of Incheon to welcome them. But instead, they were welcomed by a swarm of paparazzi everywhere in the airport, holding their cameras and waiting for a chance to get good photos of them. Once, they saw the famous girl group. In an instant, paparazzi run over to them, and flashes and shutters of a camera will be heard around the girl group. Gladly, the guards are doing their job to keep the paparazzi at a safe distance from the girls.

"You okay, eonnie?" Jennie is known to be easily triggered and has panic attacks at times. Rosé gently squishes her arm, and her eonnie looks back at her and nods.

The brunette sends her a rather genuine smile: "I'm fine, Rosie."

At the same time, the girls that trailed behind them looked at Jennie with the same worried eyes.

They've always checked on her every time something like this happens. Well, frankly speaking, even if Jennie and the girls worked their whole lives in this kind of industry, they wouldn't get used to it. Imagine not having privacy, where paparazzi keep following around them just to get some hot issue they could publish. Don't get them wrong; they love what they're doing, they really do. Y'all surely understand where they're coming from. Right?

Right.

-----

After minutes that felt like an eternity of walking and being pushed around with those persistent paps, the girls safely arrived at their waiting car, provided by the company.

"Arrghhhh! This is heaven," Nayeon said after her butt successfully landed against the comfortable car seat and made an obnoxious sound.

The other three girls shake their heads and chuckle at the girl's antics.

"Aigooo, Nayeon-ah, you're much more fitted to be an actress." Irene, the oldest in the group, teasingly commented and sat beside Jennie.

"Oh yeah? I think so too, Eonnie. I'm kind of a bit talented, you know?" Nayeon smugly said with a smirk plastered on her lips, folding her arms across her chest.

Irene scoffs at her. "Oh yeah? I actually think you are overly dramatic," she paused, imitating the smug look Nayeon emitted before she continued, "and exaggerated." She finished her remark with a smirk.

"Eonniiieeeee~ watta mennie you are." Nayeon whines like a child, causing a fit of laughter from Jennie and Rosé.

Jennie giggles at the girl's amusing behavior. "Aigooo, Nayeon-ah," she says, looking back at the sulking girl.

"Yah, Nayeon-ah!" Rosé yelled out after recovering from laughter.

"Yah, Park Chaeyoung!" the girl fired back with the same tone.

Rosé pats the shoulder of the girl beside her. "Ya know, there's nothing wrong with dreaming. Keep it up, girl. I do believe in miracles." she managed to choke, while the latter made a face.

Irene grinned. "I'll give you 4 on your acting skills," she added. Nayeon gasps and holds her chest, acting as if she's offended.

"Unnie, don't bully Bunny," the brunette defended, glancing back at Nayeon. The petite woman was flattered by Jennie's comment and almost smiled. Almost, but seeing the sexy smirk on Jennie's lips, she instantly frowns.

"But I won't argue with that," she finishes off with humor. That causes them to erupt with more laughter throughout the ride and continuously tease the sulking girl.

----

After sometime

"We're here, girls," their manager said, and the car stopped in front of their apartment. The girls smiled at her and hopped out of the car.

"Goodbye, Eonnie, take care!" the girls said in unison.

"You too, girls, have a rest, okay? I know y'all are tired." Their manager waved at them and signaled the driver to drive off.

Nayeon spread her hands wide open. "Home, sweet home!" she uttered with a wide smile on her face, while Rosé rushed off to open the front door. She felt an instant need to feel her fluffy bed against her own body.

"I see Chipmunk; you missed your bed so much," Irene playfully commented.

Rosé chuckles and rolls her eyes, too tired for a comeback to her eonnie. After successfully opening the door, she dashed inside her room.

The bunny followed through, skipping to her own room. "Yah, chipmunk!!" Jennie just giggled at the girls but quickly frowned at her sudden thoughts. Well, it's not actually sudden; she's been thinking about it all throughout their world tour.

I love the life I have right now, with the girls and all, but I feel like something's missing. I just can't put a finger on it. Jennie's jumbled thought.

Irene just shakes her head and chuckles, "These girls, really." She slowly walks towards the door and looks back at the brunette behind her, who seems to be in her trance. She smiles.

"Welcome home, Jendukie."

Jennie snaps at her own thoughts, sending a timid smile at her, and follows her inside. She gets in her room and flops her body on her bed. She heaves a deep, deep, exaggerated sigh. Looking up to the ceiling, she's in deep thought again.

I felt like I'd been missing something my whole life.

And I don't have any clue.

What am I really missing?

She has this troubled look on her face: "Arghhhh." The brunette disheveled her hair frustratedly.

"Stop overthinking Jennie, just go to sleep." After scolding herself a few times, the baffled girl entered her slumber state.

" After scolding herself a few times, the baffled girl entered her slumber state

[Shishou: Novice writer, forgive my insolence]