Chapter 20

Jennie's POV

Indeed, I didn't get enough sleep, I barely slept for 4 hours. Not because of Lisa's continuously running on my mind. Well, yeah, partly, but the main reason is; the girls keep on bugging me to fill them about me and Lisa.

I don't really have much of a choice but to stay up all night with the girls. So, they would stop making a fussed about it.

I told them about my venture in Auckland, but of course, I skipped the sensual part. It would be embarrassing.

I didn't foresee that I would see her again, moreover for her to forgive me easily. She's really a rational person. Unlike me, well, I did run away from her, with tails between my legs.

Ding!

Who could it be in these ungodly hours?

It's still 5 in the morning. Urgh!

Message Alert:

Unknown Number: xxxxx: Good morning Wifey 

I blink away my drowsiness and re-read the message. No one ever called me with that endearment except for one; Lisa. Now that I think about it, we never exchange contacts. Then, how?

Without delay, I save her contact. I sat up in my bed and inclined my back at the headboard.

Lalisa M.: I got your number from Seulgi.

Me : Morning Lis!  Without a doubt, you're really are a mind reader.

Lalisa M.: I just figured you might freak out, thinking I'm a stalker

Me: Right! You're proving yourself more and more. I got myself a beautiful stalker

I'm not really a fan of texting, but I might reconsider. I feel giddy with just our simple exchange of messages.

Lalisa M.: Oh, so now you admit that I'm beautiful?

I can picture out that she's smirking while looking at her phone right now.

Me : You wish! Anyways, why so early?

Lalisa M.: First day of work together with Chu.

Lalisa M.: Gotta go! Wish me luck wifey! Don't forget to grab your breakfast

Me: Good luck Lis! Fighting!

A grin slowly crept on my lips while still holding my phone and re-reading her last message for the nth time. Ah, this is nice.

I jumped out of the bed and unlatch the window. The vibrant morning sun's rays greeted my entire being. With a bright smile on my face, I welcomed the new day ahead.

I hopped and hummed my way to the kitchen after I prep myself. The girls looking at me like I've grown another pair of eyes or somethin'. But, I didn't care. I'm having the best morning of my life.

Our older sister rummage the fridge, "Someone's in a good mood today!" she gives me a teasing smile.

I just give her a tight lip smile, albeit being bashful.

"Yass! I'll give the person my share of food for making our Jennie happy." The chipmunk hugs me sideways.

"Indeed! Yes, she's a God's sent, thanks to her. We'll never gonna see a grumpy mandu from today's onward!" the bunny giggled.

"Yah! Quit calling me mandu!" I glower at her.

She just give me an unbothered look while eating the food on her plate.

---

Third Person's POV

Later that morning, in Korea's Company Branch Lisa and Jisoo are greeted by the warmed welcome of their new colleagues at their new workplace.