Mana Core Formed

When I woke up I found myself now laying in my bed, slightly confused. Then it started to come back to me of everything that happened. I did it, I formed my mana core! I clenched my fist in happiness, as a feeling of accomplishment flooded my body.

Looking outside my window I saw that it was now night time, and then I was alerted to another presence in the room. The sound of breathing could be heard to my left where I found the head mother sleeping in a chair beside my bed. Another set of breathing showed that she wasn't the only one, as Maeve was curled up at the foot of my bed asleep as well.

A small smile graced my face as I took in the scene of the moonlight illuminating the 2. They really cared for me, and if I didn't believe it before I don't know what other proof I could need. Feeling a dryness in my throat I look to the table beside my bed where a full glass of water is sitting, but if I know them it's not just plain water.

With it being a medieval sort of setting their aren't many options for drinking unless you were rich, but head mother seemed to have picked up a few tricks in her years of living. Most would think the garden was just to look nice, and though it definitely accomplished that it also served another purpose.

I'm not sure if we had these type of flowers in my past life, but Meredith grew a flower called the Honey Suckle. And while you could get a sweet tasting nectar straight from the flower, it was much better once boiled and then let to cool as a flavoring for water. It had become my favorite drink during spring time when all of the Honey Suckles would be in bloom.

During my reminiscing, I had forgotten to drink the water I had initially grabbed, so without another thought I downed the whole glass. Finishing off with a great, big and exaggerated.

"Ahhh!"

Before wiping my lips of the sweet remnants. This seemed to be enough of a commotion to wake the head mother, who looked around confused at first before quickly looking at me with a face filled with worry. This caused a pang of guilt to spread through my body, but before I could tuck my head and apologize I swept up in a big hug.

"Oh Jaron you're alright!" The head mother said in a whispery voice, but it was enough to wake Maeve as well who soon joined in on the now group hug. Moments later head mother pulled away from the hug and now a face that told of lots of scolding to come, Maeve was much the same. However before she could start, I used my most critical power that I've learned to use since coming to this world.

I cried.

Big fat tears welled in my eyes and my lower lip puffed as big as I could make it, trembling in the effort. Next I tucked my head down, and shakily apologized. While some would find this beneath them or humiliating, I saw it as a way to get out of countless sessions of nagging and scoldings. And it worked like a charm.

"I-I-I'm sor-ry f-for w-wor-rying you." I stuttered out, and then I braced myself. So far it had worked every time, but I couldn't be sure that it would work this time after how much I most likely worried them. From what I could remember, I had done some serious damage to the outside of the house and our garden. Then I remembered my sword.

Hurriedly I looked back and forth for my wooden sword, until I heard a small chuckle come from the head mother. I looked up at her with renewed tears threatening to spill, I couldn't seem to remember if the sword got caught in the explosion or not. However, fortunately for me my worries were tossed aside as she bends down and grabs it from off the floor beside my bed.

My eyes light up and I reach out for it, quickly bringing it to my chest before placing it across my lap. All felt right again. Another set of chuckles came from head mother and Maeve this time as they saw react so strongly to a simple wooden sword. I let out a bashful laugh while rubbing the back of my head, until head mother finally speaks up again.