Lance(s) vs Shield

The entire group of us, consisting of the kings and queens, Lances, Virion, me and an entourage of servants and guards made our way to the same training field I had battled the Royal guard. I was at the head of the line with Virion just behind me with Alduin and Merial, Blaine and Priscilla were on my right.

"2 visits to the castle and both resulted in you 'sparring'. If I didn't know you I would say you do these sort of things on purpose." Blaine looks toward as we walk.

"Seeing is believing as they say, but it is quite troublesome sometimes." Was my response and I hear chuckling from behind me so I look over my shoulder to see that it was Virion.

"You have quite the confidence for someone about to take on the 6 strongest mages in the continent. I must say you intrigue me, Rez." I merely nod before facing forward again.

"I don't know, something tells me there are some hidden gems waiting to show their full potential." I could feel the small gaze at the back of my head from Virion, I'm sure Arthur was his first thought when I said that. We arrived to the training field before he could respond.

"I'll take you on first, I wouldn't want you to claim you lost because you were tired from a previous battle." Bairon stepped forward, but a couple others jumped in.

"Wait! No fair, I wanted to fight him first! As a sound mage as well, I feel it's my duty to test him." Aya Grephin approached Bairon.

"Calm down everyone. I planned on fighting you all at the same time anyways, to get this over with faster. Why do you think I said 'test the teamwork of the Lances'?" Everyone's jaw drops as they stare at me and I just see Bairon fuming.

"You underestimate us!" He growls out as he channels a bolt of lightning and shoots it at me. Everyone's jaw drop once again as I catch and then disperse the lightning bolt.

"No. I just know your limits. A competent White core mage is worth more than a few silver cores." I walk to one side of the field and summon out my staff that I had gotten from the Royal treasury during my first visit.

"Alright, lets get this spar started. Unless you all need to warm up of course?" I gaze at them while whirling the staff around my body in fanciful flourishes before bringing it to rest horizontally across my back with my arms draped over it. They looked between each other and I noticed Alea step off beside Virion. Feeling my gaze she gave a slight smile before speaking.

"I know when I'm outmatched, I think I'll watch this from a safe spot." I chuckled and looked at the other 5 Lances.

"Well? Are you 5 ready?" I question them as I watch them line up in front of me. Bairon in the center, with Aya to his left and Olfred to his right, Varay on the far left and Mica on the far right. Mana fueled their bodies, only Bairon was an augmenter, the rest would most likely fight from a distance. Though Mica does have that hammer she likes to use.

"Virion, if you could do the honors." He nods and raises his hand into the air.

"Fight!" He yells as he brings his hand down. Seems he's not one to delay something. I immediately felt the sound magic Aya sent my way. She was an illusion expert with her magic which is something that I haven't really dabbled in yet, let me learn from this as well. I blocked the effects with my one sound magic, but I focused on how her mana flowed and I picked up on a few things.

Rather than attacking the ears, she seems to try and coerce them into interpreting things the way she wants them too. Her sound magic also has intent placed into it, and that intent is for me to remove my mask. So being the good sport I am, I begin to reach my hand up to my mask and I can see her smirk. Only until the mana string I had sent underground wrapped around her ankle and surges some lightning mana through it.