Finishing Touches

With both families in the carriage we made our way into town and towards the store that Vincent had custom ordered my adventuring attire. As well as pick up the mask from a local artificer.

"We're here." We hear Gerald say as the carriage comes to a stop. Opening the door we are met with the same store we had met the royal family in not too long ago. Which reminds me I still need to reply to Kathyln's letter and let her know I'll be going on a... vacation. I'll need to figure out a way to word it, maybe going to visit some relative in another city or something.

Exiting the carriage we all file into the store, with Vincent in the lead. The person behind the counter immediately recognizes him and pulls out a mannequin about my height that's covered in a cloth while taking us to a back room. Once inside he unveils the mannequin and staring back at me was my outfit for the foreseeable future. We had told him to make several exact copies, so that I wouldn't just be wearing and washing the same one over and over again.

The outfit could be considered the stereotypical assassin/thief/ninja sort of attire. Underneath was a soft leather against the chest but the outer shell was tough leather and had enchantments engraved. The main enchantments were a wind enchantment to keep it cool, along with one that makes the leather harder than it feels when being attacked.

(AN: idk if that last one is possible, but I'm going with it.)

That's not to say it's impenetrable, but glancing blow will be just that. Glancing. Leaving only scratches were the normal hard leather would have slashes that just might reach skin. That was just for the torso though, and would be hidden by the visible outfit. A form fitting black fabric, that was baggy enough to hide my leather armor underneath, but tight enough to not get caught and snagged by people or the environment. It also came with a hood that would sit firmly on my head unless I'm met with a truly devastating attack.

The pants were much the same affair as the over shirt, they were a dark black, baggy but tight, and would be tucked into a pair of soft leather black boots. Each item paired with the wind enchantment to keep me cool as I knew this attire would get hot, but who doesn't want to be an assassin/ninja? Showing me how to equip everything the employee begins dressing me, explaining why each piece goes where so that I'll be able to do it myself in the future.

"It looks good on you Jaron, but I just hate that you're covering your hair." Tabitha said with a slightly sad expression. I just laughed.

"Mother, their would be no point in all this if someone happened to recognize me because of my hair. Besides someone might try to steal it for themselves with the way you, Aunt Alice and the maids fawn over it." I finish as I turn back away from them, but I feel a threatening aura coming from their direction.

"Hmm maybe you shouldn't go on the adventure after all." Tabitha spoke ominously.

"I agree." Alice quickly nodded her head. I could feel the nervous sweat going down my back if anyone ever made a move against my hair. Or I guess I should say "their" hair at this point. Shaking those thoughts from my head I turn to Vincent.

"Everything is exactly as I hoped, we can go pick up my mask now." He just nods and tells the employee to let me out the purifiers in my dimension ring as he had already paid for them. Next we herded everyone back to the carriage with both Tabitha and Alice still cursing my future enemies if they touch my hair. Still sends chills down my back.

"We're here. Gideon's workshop." This time it was Vincent who said it rather than the carriage driver. Us exiting and reentering the carriage was beginning to remind me of the clown piling in and out of the tiny cars. Their was definitely enough room, but you usually don't sit 3 people to a seat, as I was sitting beside the Leywins since Alice was holding baby Eleanor. With Lilia in between Vincent and Tabitha.