Back Home

Back in the meeting room around the table once more, the orders for all of the Lances were given. Each one would take on a battalion of high quality mages and work with and train with them. 50 mages to a battalion for each Lance and the 50 were a mixture of each of the 3 races. They would spend these next few months building teamwork between their respective teams before they would be asked to tackle various problems around the continent. All of this was in preparation and to build camaraderie for the moment contact is made with the other continent.

"Why does Rez not have a group to train?" Virion queried aloud to the whole of the room and everyone turned to Blaine. He sighs before speaking.

"Rez is actually curating a school similar to Xyrus academy already. It's focused more towards children and developing the general knowledge of the public, along with classes dedicated to self defense, combat, and adventuring. With that he will not be responsible for a battalion of his own, until such time that his presence is no longer required there." I nodded along with his words as he repeated word for word what I had told him to say if such a question gets asked.

Everyone while a little skeptical of the importance of children over current mages that could benefit from personal training from me, but eventually dismissed as like my speech had highlighted they are the future of Dicathen.

"Now, each of you will meet your troops outside on the training grounds where you sparred with Rez just yesterday. All of them are at least of the same skill as an A rank adventurer and there are many veteran AA rank adventurers mixed in." The Lances nodded at this and began standing, I stood as well but cleared my throat.

"Since my presence is no longer needed here then I should be getting back to Xyrus. Thank you to the Council for awarding me this position, and I look forward to working with the Lances as well." I gave a slight bow and began making my way out of the room opposite the direction they would be going.

"I'll defeat you on my own next time." Came the arrogant voice of Bairon. I turned back and stared directly at him and scoff.

"Huh, it's not likely, but optimism is a good thing sometimes. Even if it's blind optimism." I exited the room before he could respond, but I could hear grumblings coming from him while some laughs escaped at his expense. Martin was once again the one to guide me back to the gate room and we said our farewells as I stepped through the portal.

I was greeted by my father and Arthur exiting a carriage with Elijah when I touched down in my Rez attire. Elijah's jaw was dropped wide open as I removed my mask from my face, I guess I haven't told him about me being Rez yet.

"Surprise?" I chuckled at Elijah while he began sputtering. It's tragic what becomes of him later on. I, I wonder if I can change it in any way. Of course my uncle and his memory magic comes to mind, but that only effects their memories of me. I'll have to develop it further if I want to be able to do anything about Elijah, he could be a truly useful warrior in the future battles.

"Yo-... You're the Rez!? Jaron?!" He finally managed out a half coherent sentence and I just smiled with a nod.

"Yes, sorry for never letting you in on the secret. But it makes the speech that much better now though, doesn't it?" I finished with a cheeky grin and I see Arthur smirking slightly at Elijah's plight as well.

"Ahem, yes your speech was quite decent." Elijah coughed into his hand while speaking in an embarrassed tone.

"Arthur was the most surprised though! You should have seen his face when you stepped out as the Shield. You would have thought a hot girl just walked across the balcony!" Elijah retorted while pointing at Arthur with a devilish grin on his face. Arthur just showed a look of betrayal before trying to deny it.