Emotions

The heat wave coming off my sword, arms and legs scorched the grass and made stones glow. The sphere of heat covered a 30 foot radius around me. The first person I killed was the fire mage who hit me with the fire ball, I generated a bright blue fire ball in my free hand and jammed it into his stomach. I watched as his skin tightened and steam left his body from all the moisture evaporating.

His eyes shriveled and blood began leaking from them, his nose, his ears and even his mouth before it too was evaporated. The fireball boiled his organs burst his blood vessels from the pure heat, and he died almost instantly but surely in agony. I felt a mana fueled arrow be shot my way and just blocked it with a flame covered arm, the arrow melted or burned away depending whether it was metal or wood.

Generating mana into my free left hand above my head I formed 20 blinding blue fire balls each about the size of a basketball. I fired them off to different locations and as they impacted a small explosion of heat and flames were left off, cooking any bandit unlucky enough to be near them, each one taking at least one. Because of thunderclap impulse everything was moving slower in my eyes so I was able to get a look at the battlefield.

My fire ball barrage I let off kills around 30-40 bandits, adding them with ones killed earlier and there are still 50 left. Bringing my sword into both hands i channel lightning into the sword, more mana than I had ever channeled into it before and aimed at the biggest clump of people. The first person didn't even know what happened as his body was instantly fried from the bolt of lightning that was released.

The bolt then continued to jump from one bandit to the next, and while the others were watching their companions being electrocuted I charged at them. I used sound mana to once again attack their ears and throw off their equilibrium, the bandits outside the range of my lightning attack were swaying and stumbling.

With quick and planned slashes, I removed heads, stabbed through the heart or bisected each bandit I came across. Each blending with the last as I just focused on my swings, some were already almost dead because they didn't have mana to protect against the raging ball of heat that was me. Taking a second to look around I don't see anymore bandits standing, I look over to the wagon and see Maverick huddled against the wagon with tears streaming down his face.

I hear the faint sounds of Tuk calling for me over our mental link.

'Hatchling! I'm almost there.'

'No need Tuk... It's over.' I said with an empty voice.

'I-I'm sorry, I wasn't fast enough.' The sympathy apparent, but I just shook it off as I stared at Maverick. Releasing the mana I was controlling I feel much lighter, and approach Maverick.

"S-stay back you monster!!" He screams hysterically while getting on his hands and knees to crawl away. The next moment his left arm was cut off at the elbow with the stump cauterized, and he fell to his face. He looks confused before seeing his arm and begins screaming even louder.

"I'm the monster? You betrayed your party! You caused this!" My sound mana leaked into my voice and grated on his ears.

"Monster." He felt into a trance of just repeating monster over and over as he stared at me with tears streaming down his cheeks. Finally in front of him I send a small burst of lightning to his left leg, bringing him out of it. He screamed again before looking up at me.

"H-how? No one is that strong. How can you have lightning and not me! I'm special! They all told me!" He began to yell at me, so I stomped on his foot.

"I am that strong, and I'm not even that strong compared to things to come yet. You're not special, you're scum." I said with my voice devoid of emotion.