Phoenix Beast Will

[4 months later]

{Somewhere near the center of the Beast Glades}

Mana swirled around my body and the ambient mana in the air became visible to me, purple motes of energy also mixed with the normal mana. Aether Mana. I had tried multiple times to harness it in my a acquire phase but I just couldn't figure it out, even in my integrate phase it eluded me.

Apparently the abilities i 'acquired' in my acquire phase was the Phoenixes supreme ability to see mana in the air, while I could sense it before now i I could see it as if they were leaves in the wind. With this came an increase in efficiency of my mana usage, as well as new glowing green flame. I had my suspicions on what it was and I was proven correct as I was currently healing a mana beast I had just injured by covering it in these flames.

I now had healing flames and the heal rate was astonishing, the deep gash on the beasts leg knitted back together almost immediately. This was just acquire phase though.

While I hadn't completely mastered integrate phase yet, I had all the same abilities of acquire and more. I could now increase the heat of my flames to a point that they couldn't be seen by normal eyes. To me it was a deep purple, but according to Tuk he could only see the heat haze around it. With a hotter fire also came the knowledge of a fire that could freeze. It looked eerily similar to my bright blue flames but more transparent and icy.

My hair also regained the black that ended in a flaming red that seemed to flow like real fire. My pupils turned gold inside my blue irises. I tested my integrate phase against some strong mana beasts and learned that at a certain level of power a transparent pair of wings wings extend from my back and cocoon around me. So far no attacks have burst through this defense, but it only works in integrate phase.

According to the memories of Verrun, some Phoenix wyrms a cousin of the regular Phoenixes, had powerful sound illusion magic that other Asuras Phoenixes learned. So I wouldn't get a boost there until I figure out something myself or absorbed one of their wills. It seems that Phoenix Asuras have superior techniques, rather than just overwhelming power. It's also made known to me through their memories that only people close to the royal family learn all of the possible abilities and origins of the Asuran Phoenixes.

This might seem elitist, but the Asuran Phoenix clans were not power hungry in the way the other races are. They had great respect for their elders and their royalty as they treated them fairly. They were all content to gain their own insights and pass it on to their children and so on.

I still don't know all of what this beast will entails and I imagine I won't until I awaken my Asuran blood inside me, or absorb the will of someone that was royalty. Surely my father wouldn't have passed without placing his will inside something for me to absorb. Either way my beast will is fully assimilated and now I can only wait and gain more experience for my understanding of the abilities I now possess to show themselves.

I was currently purifying my mana core, and whether it was my newfound understanding of mana or the dense mana filled forest it felt much smoother and faster. I decided to activate my acquire phase to look at the mana I was bringing into my body. It looked almost like a vacuum as the mana swirls around me before entering my body. I could also feel the speed of purifying increase so switched to integrate phase. When I did I found inefficiencies in the way was absorbing and adjusted my method accordingly.

The progress noticeably increased as bright white cracks were forming on my core at a rapid pace. I had completely focused on my purifying that I hadn't realized I began cycling in more and more mana until it looked like a twister of mana had appeared around me. All of the various mana specks flowed to as of of their own will rather than by my command. Even when I lessened my pull I could feel the mana race towards like they had a mind of their own and I was where they needed to be.