Zeltan's Shield

We arrived back at the round table with everyone taking their previous seats. Bairon and the others had been healed by the court mages, and besides a few sour faces you almost couldn't tell that a spar had happened.

"Ahem, now if we won't have any further interruptions, let us finish the meeting. Please bring forth the shield." At Blaine's word the same shield was brought out once again, with the same flow of power coming from it as before. Their is a will in the shield.

"Check and see if it suits you, if not we can find another. However I think you'll like this shield, the adventurer who found it said that it was a very interesting shield." Blaine carries on as I look over the shield the in servant's hands. I know what makes it interesting, but what could a random adventurer found to make this shield noteworthy.

Sure it was ornately designed fanciful patterns engraved into the shield, but intriguing enough to bring it to the kings attention?

"What fascinated the adventurer enough to bring it to you instead of keep it for themselves?" I ask as I turn my head toward Blaine.

"It is widely known that we will compensate adventurers for unusual or beautiful items, weapons or even just stones. This one piqued our interest, so we paid that adventurer a decent sum for it. However what made them bring it here was due to the fact that while they were fighting the shield appeared out of nowhere, flying and then hitting the head of mana beast they were fighting. Killing it and leaving them all confused." Everyone's eyes widened at that and they all stared intently at the shield.

"Hmm, so this shield can teleport?" I muse aloud as I focus my attention back on the shield. I could still feel the thrumming of power vibrating off the shield and I was eager to reach out to it.

"Go ahead and pick it up, see if it's to your liking." This time it was Virion who egged me on, so I reached out and picked up the shield. As soon as my hands touched it, everything stopped and then I was promptly forced inside my core area where I was met with a red haired figure. A phoenix Asura, and he was smiling brightly at me, yet his eyes carried a sense of tiredness.

He was young looking, but I guess for Asuras that's not really surprising due to their long life. He looked to be about the same age as my parents though. He shared a lot of the same features as my dad and the Asuras as well, sleek red hair and like my dad he had golden eyes. Does that mean he's royalty? His voice broke me from my thoughts.

"You look just like your father when he was your age." The man's smile only wavered slightly to show a bitterness on his face, but he recomposed himself and approached me. He got down on one knee and now with me standing taller than him he looked up at me, with a warm smile.

"It's good to see you Zellium, or should I say Jaron, maybe even Rez?" He finished with a teasing smile. I just continued to stare back at him, as he still hadn't introduced himself yet. He seemed to hear my thoughts as his eyes widened briefly before chuckling.

"Haha, I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Zeltan, Zeltan Zuwellia. I am your uncle, Jaron. Your father's older brother." I was surprised at the revelation and my face must have shown it because he laughed once again. I had thought before that Phoenix Asuras just share a lot of similarities, but I guess his looks looked familiar for a different reason. I had an uncle.

"It's good to meet you... uncle." His smile brightened at the words and he patted my shoulder softly.

"It's good to meet you as well Jaron."

"Uncle, how come I hadn't seen you in any of the previous memories I've obtained?" I asked in confusion and he just smirked at me.

"That my dear nephew is a bit of magic I was able to develop on my own, and that I'm now going to pass on to you. However the reason for its creation is not as pleasant." His smirk turned somber as he seemed to reflect on something.