Final Battle

"Alright everyone check your gear and then recheck it. Rez here says that up ahead he can feel the boss of the dungeon as well as a dozen smaller beasts. However each is significantly stronger mana wise than anything we've faced so far. If everyone is fully rested we will continue on to the last room." Everyone had been checking their gear as Mikhail continued to speak before giving serious nods.

"Good, now this may change depending on what we see, but I want the conjurers and Rez to focus on the 12 lesser beasts in there. Me, Jasmine and Adam will take on the boss while Helen and Bree provide archer support. Once your group takes out the lesser monsters help us with the boss. We don't know how strong this boss will be, so everyone stay focused and no unnecessary chatter, only helpful and concise informations." Everyone's hearts were beating a little faster, even though it was just an informational style reminder the way he spoke resonated the same way speech before a grand battle would.

Serious nods came from everyone, even Krenshaw had lost his usual haughty demeanor and seemed completely focused. We all got into our formation we've used since we got into the dungeon and marched steadily to the dungeon. As someone sensitive mana I could feel the mana become more abundant and dense, the perfect place to purify your mana core. It's no wonder mana beasts become so strong in such mana rich environments.

The cavern pathway slowly started to narrow until we could only walk in 2 lines, me and Mikail leading our respective lines. We reached the end of the narrowed hallway and it opened up to a large domed cave. Rocks littered the ground sizes varying from tiny pebbles to horse sized jagged outcroppings. Sharp stalactites hung glowing a deep green from the high ceiling looking like a pit trap had been placed on the domed roof.

Back towards the floor I could see shallow dips in the ground as well as faint shadows that started to writhe.

"Mikail, look there. Enhance your eyes with mana." I said while pointing to the slow moving shadows.

"It can't be... Rez we're going to need a bright light, if those are what I think they are then they have excellent cave vision." As soon as he finished I generated a bright blue flame, and tossed it to the roof with the glowing stalactites. What we saw shocked even me to the core. Huge lizards of varying colors and sizes as well as large... serpents is the only word I could think to describe them.

"Damn, a Blazing Basilisk, 3 Thunder and 3 Fire salamanders, Wind Drake, Twilight Stalker, and 3 Freezing Fang Nagas?!" He exclaimed with slight fright.

A blazing Basilisk was an A rank fire serpent, known for spitting large plumes of flames to roast its foes to the bone. Stretching 30- 40 feet with dark red scales that were sharp and stronger than stone.

Thunder and Fire Salamanders were exactly as they sounded, large 20 foot salamanders that controlled their element with proficiency. Typically the Fire salamander was an A rank and the Thunder Salamander depending on age battle experience varied between A and AA. Thunder salamanders we're typically bigger and stronger, as they weren't different than Fire Salamanders but rather went through a transformation as they grew stronger. One of the few mana beasts capable of such.

The Wind Drake, like the Wyvern and wyrm was a weaker cousin of the dragon. These were barely more advanced than the salamanders honestly and usually weaker than their sister Wyvern and Wyrms. Though that doesn't mean they aren't strong, with scales as tough as hardened steel, fangs and talons twice as sharp. Their mastery over wind allows them to fly even without wings. They stand 15 feet tall and are 20 feet from head to tail. Experienced Wind Drakes also have the chance of acquiring sound deviant, in which case their rank goes from A to AA and are named Whooping Wind Drakes, for their loud bursts of sound mana.