Beast Glades

The night went and the morning came, still with a heavy heart I performed my morning rituals. Even my training of 100 slashes then meditating, it's almost become just all one big meditation practice. I vent our frustrations and unnecessary emotions through swinging my sword down before resetting. Then I purify my core with a clear mind, and I honestly I can feel a slight boost when I do. Not anything wild, but a slight boost is still a boost, especially at this core stage.

While I was doing this, the maids and butlers had been loading everything into the carriage from the party yesterday. While they took me to the adventurers guild we would also be making a stop at the orphanage to donate all the foods. I would also take that time to visit head mother again before I leave, I still can't help but feel my strength is useless if I can't help the people I care about.

Rising from my meditating position I make my way to the carriage, I'm currently in my normal almost military uniform style outfit. I plan to change into my Rez disguise before leaving the orphanage to head to the adventurers guild. Kaspian is supposed to give me a rough map of the Beast Glades, and to my understanding the glades has various zones.

The outer edges are C rank and then as you get farther in the ranks increase. The very center hasn't been fully explored either, which isn't surprising considering the Beast Glades is roughly 1/4th of all of the continent of Dicathen. Elf, Dwarf, and human kingdoms making up the other 3/4ths. I'm hoping to make it to the center at least before my journey ends, even if I don't there are still S class dungeons in the lower rank areas.

The only thing I need to be wary of is don't know how early the Vritra started making their moves. If I'm not careful I could run into someone too powerful for current me.

My thoughts were brought back to the present as we had stopped outside the orphanage. I exited the carriage and made my way inside where I was immediately met by Maeve, who was coming to see what the carriage was doing outside.

"Jaron? What are you doing here?" She asked in confusion. The first group of maids entered as I answered.

"I'm donating the food and drinks that were supposed to be used for my birthday party yesterday. I doubt that me or my family could finish all this food by ourselves, so it seemed perfect." I said with a smile, Maeve smiled in return and came forward to give me a hug. Maeve was already starting to give off that motherly love and she was only just hitting 20 years old. I can tell that the orphanage will be in good hands with her, even if head mother doesn't make it through.

"Thanks Jay, I'm sure the children will love the food. Did you come to see head mother as well?" She pulls from the hug and looks at me, hands still in my shoulders. I dip my head in a slight nod.

"Yes, though I won't stay long as I'm heading out on another journey." Her face saddened at me leaving out for another journey so soon, but she nodded in reluctance as she knew she couldn't stop me.

"I'm sure she'll be glad to see you before you leave." She patted both her hands on each shoulder and gave me a big smile before walking off to help gather the food inside.

I pass through the familiar halls and eventually up the stairs to Meredith's room. Once again the door was left open and I found the same girl from last time sitting with her. I knocked gently on the door, still causing the girl to jump, luckily she caught the bucket of water before it could fall this time.

As I got a closer look at her she seemed to be around 13 years old with long brown hair and equally brown eyes.

"Thank you for always taking care of her." Came my soft voice, and the girl wrung her hands nervously. She seems to be timid as well as being jumpy, but she eventually gave a nod.