The Island

I was currently flying over the seas in search of a place the Leviathan had informed me of. Only mere hours ago I was still learning from it about the beginnings of this world, though its memory was stilted with vagueness and half-truths. However I don't believe to be entirely the Leviathan's fault, even Asurans don't live forever so I imagine its information is passed down. Not all of the races have the ability to pass down exact memories like the Phoenixes do after all.

What I did learn, whether definitive fact or not, gave me much to think about. The Phoenixes were chosen by a higher order of beings than the Asuras to cultivate and grow this world, they were sent with the Leviathans and the dragons to this world. The Leviathan couldn't remember why both dragons and leviathans were sent as they were known rivals and adversaries originally, fighting for the right to be called the strongest.

That's what made me think they were originally supposed to be guardians and protectors of the Phoenixes. Even the Leviathan said that Phoenixes weren't known for their strength and preferred knowledge and creation over fighting. However he also told me the tale of a Phoenix prince from before the time they descended, the tale was told and passed down by past leviathans as a warning.

A Phoenix prince had lost his family due to a rival race in the higher realm wanting to claim their spot as the race most beloved by the higher beings. Scarily similar to my current predicament the Prince was one of the few left of the Phoenixes, but obviously they weren't completely wiped out. The prince absorbed the will of his father, the previous king, and apparently with it came all sorts of knowledge that led to the Prince becoming strong enough to take his revenge.

And with his revenge lead to the complete and utter annihilation of the race that killed his family and subjects. Even if most would consider it justified, the higher beings still needed to enact some sort of punishment upon the Phoenixes and the 2 races that helped them: Dragons and Leviathans. This punishment was to descend to the lower world, and live out there lives here in repentance. Though the Leviathan didn't know how much longer remained on the sentence.

The island entered my sight as I thought about the story the Leviathan told me. It made me wonder where the other Asurans came from. It said that there were other races and creatures here, but did that mean the other Asuran clans were already here or was it talking about humans, elves and dwarves? With the powers disparity not being much, from my understanding, I can only assume that they are fallen races as well or the products of intermingling between the big 3.

I file those thoughts away for another day because the one thing that the Leviathan knew for a fact was that certain Phoenixes were capable of creating life. It was his the Prince and his descendants decided to repent for the culling of another race, by creating lots of new races and creatures. And that is what I was coming to this island to try.

Of course I could do it back in Dicathen, but what if I create something dangerous? It will be much easier to control and monitor a thing of my creation on a secluded island in the middle of the ocean. I slowed my speed and floated to the ground, feeling the sand displace under my feet. It was your typical tropical island, with a sandy beach shore surrounding the island with a vast forest of trees as you got further inward. Its shape wasn't quite circular, and had a deep inlet on the South side that lead to a bay.

A mountain raised in the center and made me think of the volcanos of Hawaii. I sat down in the sands and pulsed my mana in search of other creatures or things holding mana, and to my surprise I found none. There was ambient mana in the air sure, and maybe a few degrees denser, but not as dense as the A rank zone and higher of the Beast Glades.

I suppose there's a possibility I just can't sense them, but so far I haven't run into that problem before. With the setting of the sun though I decided that I should wait until morning to really explore this island, so willing a tent and a bed from my dimension ring I began to settle down for the night.