Familial Bonds Strengthen

Everyone in the party continued their high spirits as we made our way to the adventurers guild. Our wallets were quite heavy, figuratively since it was all stored in rings, but we were mostly happy to have survived. They had thanked me multiple times throughout the journey back, and I had run out 'humble' words to deflect all the praise.

I mean they did slay a Night Stalker similar to the one of Legend, but I guess I did kill 9 of the 12 and a Wyvern to boot. Entering the guild hall everyone turned to look at us, and let off a cheer. We had sent Tuk with a letter telling of a short and not as detailed story of what happened besides that we were lucky to be alive. People congratulated us on our safe returns, before a receptionist approached us to escort us to Kaspian's office.

Once inside Kaspian immediately raised from his seat and shook each of hands giving a smile at having us return safely.

"It's good to see you all in one piece. Now tell me the full story." With that Mikail stepped forth.

"Since Rez would diminish his feats, I believe it's best for me to retell everything." This garnered chuckles from everyone in the room. It's not like I didn't like the praise, anybody likes to be thanked for doing something. It's just that I felt it was expected of me to keep them all alive, I'm a reincarnate after all. I should be strong enough to prevent the deaths of those around me, and especially after that first time I had redoubled my efforts.

Mikail recounted the tail of our dungeon dive, even mentioning how I prevented Clara from getting bit by the Bridesbane. I tried to interject saying that Krenshaw was the one who killed it, but he himself shot me down by saying it was my call out that alerted him to the creature.

When Mikail got to the big finish about the Night Stalker and all dragon cousins as well as serpent mana beasts, Kaspian's eyes went wide. It was expected for 1 strong mana beast to be at the end, but 12 mana beasts worthy of being the dungeon boss was unheard of. The Freezing Fang Nagas hadn't even been spotted in 20 years. Wyvern were fairly common, but only in the deeper reaches of the Beast Glades. He said we were lucky we fought in a cave because it's true lethality is from the skies, it's speed much faster than you would expect.

"I see, a truly harrowing experience. Though I feel I must apologize for Rez hiding his abilities, but I'm sure you can understand why he would. Lots of eyes would be on, lots of high ranking eyes, would be on him if they learned of his dual deviance. That's why I must ask each of you to promise not spread anything about his wind and sound capabilities." Kaspian looked at everyone in the room seriously, and surprisingly it was Krenshaw who spoke first.

"His secret is safe with me. I wish there was more I could do to repay him for keeping us all safe, especially Clara. If this is as much as I can do then I will do it." He looked to me and gave a meaningful nod that could almost be considered a bow, and I returned it. He had truly proved me wrong over this expedition. While he is a cocky, and arrogant noble he has the skill to back it up, and the humility to admit when he needed help.

Everyone else were quick to follow with agreements of their own, and then Kaspian spoke again.

"That makes things much simpler then. Now, let's discuss rewards. Everyone will receive a 1 rank, rank up. A->AA, AA->S. I'll have the receptionist prepare your cards to be ready before you leave. I'll need to speak to Rez and Mikail alone as they are the first S rank adventurers in the last 40 years. With S rank comes some different perks."

(Obviously I'm not sure if this is true. If there is any mention of another S rank adventurer besides Lances in the human kingdom let me know.)

"Though I'm sure compared to the spoils of the dungeon this isn't much, but the guild is giving you each 1000 gold for the mapping of the dungeon. Normally we would request a percentage of the spoils as usually, but as a form of hazard pay for the dungeon we will not be taking the cut." Everyone smiled at this as usually the guild gets 10% of the loot from the dungeon. He marks some notes on to a sheet of paper, and then looks back up at us.