Examples

Me, Tessia and Clive made our way out of the auditorium, passing by new students who seemed to gawk at us. The stares swapped between fear, admiration, adoration and envy. A certain part of me enjoyed the range of emotions just our passing caused the new students, another could only scoff at their idolization of people they barely knew. I suppose that's just how humans are in any society, always looking for someone stronger for them to follow.

The students quickly parted with hushed whispers, my companions seemingly as unfazed as me. Though Clive's emotions did tend to fluctuated someone from the crowd stared or spoke about Tessia. It was honestly quite comical to see the boy fawn over a girl who had no interest in the intense looking boy. Tessia no doubt used to this sensation, looked wholly unbothered until we heard a commotion ahead of us.

Her eyes narrowed and a faint smile spread across my lips as the faint memory resurfaced. Right, Nicolas Dreyl instigates a fight against a dwarf, I'm reminded as I see waves of rocks being formed around small statutes males axe. Only a black core, but his innate affinity with earth proved him to be a close match for the red core Nicolas.

Though he was not quite strong enough as Nicolas showed a fair bit of competence in his fighting tactics and eventually knocked the dwarf down and broke the shield that signifies the duel is over. We continued our approach, but this time everyone was too preoccupied with the fight to notice us. That's when I saw Nicolas begin to fuel mana into his swords once again to try and strike his downed opponent, and Arthur noticed it too.

"Is that the student council president I see coming over?" However before Nicolas could stop his blades under his own power, my strings coiled around his body. Moments later Tessia, having not seen my strings, wrapped her own vines around the boy as she hoisted him into the air. I shrugged inwardly as I dispersed my strings and made my way to the dwarf.

"Are you alright?" I say as I reach out a hand towards him and he looks at me skeptically before realizing who I was and cautiously accepted it.

"Ya, 'm fine." He responded and once up he began dusting off his clothes. I just nodded at him with a smile before turning towards the perpetrator of this years first targeted discrimination.

"Nicolas Dreyl..." My tone came out stern and caused him to shiver slightly as the others looked on at the scene in rapt attention of what would occur.

"It seems I didn't have to wait long for our first incident to take place, better sooner than later I suppose." Shrugging I walk toward him and see him begin to grow more nervous with each step, struggling against his binds. He began frantically spouting excuses, but I just used sound mana to silence it.

Finally standing in front of the boy, i gesture for Tessia to raise me. A platform made of coiled vines sprouted from the ground and raised me eye level to him and I pulled out a tie from my storage ring. Nicolas' eyes widened once he saw the tie and looked at me pleadingly.

"As the current King I strip your 2 striped ranking back to a 1. As the student council president, I'll leave this as a warning and example. Anyone caught trying to strike an opponent after their shield has broken will be demoted. Since it's the first day their will not be any further repercussions, but I promise you will not like the punishments that come from any future instances."

As I finished speaking I had already swapped the tie that Nicolas had been wearing for the new single striped one. Tessia lowered me down gently, as well as Nicolas until he was about 2 foot off the ground before letting him fall the rest of the way. Ignoring the groaning boy, I look out over the crowd.

"Let this serve as an example. Nicolas Dreyl got off easy since he wasn't allowed to complete that strike, but if he had the punishment would have been much more severe. Any duels started through provocation by the higher ranked fighter will be immediately voided and if it continues anyway the instigator will drop a rank and will receive further punishment from the council. Lets try to have a civil year, everyone."