Opening Ceremony and 1st Match

Some time has passed and the day of the tournament has arrived. The first couple hours of the competitors will meet in an auditorium with the leaders of each country as they give a small speech. Which means that spectators would not be allowed to enter until after the pre ceremony, Mother and Father, Lilia and the Leywins won't be coming until later. Though today is that day, so i imagine they will be a little late. It doesn't matter too much as I'm scheduled for a later fight anyways.

Entering the auditorium I make my way to the human section of seats, you would think when trying to unify the races their wouldn't be so much segregation but I digress. I suppose progress is progress. I take my seat towards the back, but with the room being darkened everyone is alerted to the opening of the door as a wave of light comes in. Who could hold back the curiosity of getting a look at your potential opponent?

All eyes were on me and I could see looks of surprise from some Elves and Dwarves as I went to the human side, apparently expecting me to be a dwarf because of my stature. With just a cursory glance I could see the future Lances as there were only 6 silver core mages here, the rest all being various stages of yellow.

I take my seat towards the back and see a familiar face approaching me, Krenshaw.

"Whoa Rez you're here too? Well I guess that's to be expected with how strong you are." He takes a seat beside me as he talks, drawing more attention to us.

"I'm surprised you're here Krenshaw, I didn't think something like this would interest you." He leans his head back with a smirk.

"Ahh well you see I'm supposed to be taking over for my father in the next couple years, so I figured why not test my strength against the best of the best? Though if I match against you I'll probably forfeit. It's one thing to fight strong people and another to face someone you know you can't defeat." I nod sagely at what he said while crossing my arms.

"That's very wise of you Krenshaw." He sputters and turns to me.

"You're supposed to encourage me that nothing is impossible, not agree with me!" He exclaims directly in my ear, thank whatever gods allowed me to have wind mana so that I could have sound manipulation.

"Not so loud Krenshaw. I'm trying to appear mysterious, but now everyone knows I'm strong." He laughs at that, fairly loudly as I had to increase the sound dampening magic I put on my ears.

"Oh you're mysterious alright, there are all kinds of bets going on to what your identity really is. So far the most popular one is that you're the bastard son of King Glayder between a dwarf and you hide your red hair under your cloak." I had a look of complete shock as I had heard nothing of such a thing.

"I assure you I am no dwarf." Was my response as I pout to myself.

Well I know that, besides I saw your black hair when you were knocked out in that fight." He says while scratching his cheek.

"You totally thought I was a dwarf when we first met." He seemed to have a shiver go down his spine before turning to me waving his hands.

"Ahh nonono. You're just very sho-.. er still growing into your true potential." He quickly corrected, before I could respond the curtain drew back and lights shown on stage. On the stage sat in luxurious and decorated chairs were the leaders of each nation. On the left we had the Dwarves, middle sat the humans and on the right was the Elves.

King Blaine rose first, and cleared his throat.

"Greetings warriors of the 3 races, congratulations on making it here as it means you are considered among the strongest of your respective nations. I know that not many details was given about this tournament, but that will change now. King Alduin of the Elves will speak next on what's at stake during this tournament." He finished and waved a hand to Alduin, who stood and waved his hand to the audience before walking to stand beside Blaine.