The Lances Announced

[Arthur Leywin's POV]

I was currently eating breakfast in the dining room with my family, the Helsteas and Elijah, though Jaron was absent. Apparently he had some business to attend to as 'Rez' and left a couple days ago. Though he didn't say what it was I could tell by that cheeky smile he gets when he finds something funny, usually at my or other people's expense, that I would know the reason soon.

He had been a little distant the past couple weeks since I returned from my adventure. After that night that we returned Tessia and Kathyln to Xyrus, he seemed to give only the bare amount of interaction that wouldn't draw other people's attention. I notice him glancing at me and Elijah from time to time, and when I brought it up to him he just shrugged it off. Saying, "No need to worry", before walking off.

Jaron intrigues me to say the least, and I can't quite place why. His actions remind me of myself, but also at the same time they don't. I can't always tell until after the fact but some of the things he says, while not technically lying, are rather misleading. If I didn't interact with him on a day to day basis I'm sure I wouldn't even notice, and for some reason he gives off an aura that puts me at ease. Rather than the tenseness and scrutinization people similar to him would have received in my last life.

I'm broken from my thoughts as my father speaks while his mouth his still full of eggs.

"Kids, if you don't have any plans, do you want to go with us to the City Square? There's a big announcement in the Capital City of Etistin where the King and Queen reside, but a couple of artificers are going to put up a live projection of the broadcast in City Square." I look to Elijah while mother scolds father for talking with his mouth full.

"Sounds good. Elijah and I don't have anything planned today anyways, right?" Not stopping his ravaging of the food on his plate, Elijah gives me a thumbs up. Ellie wanted to accompany us, but mother ruthlessly shot her down with the reasoning that she had school today.

This all worked out for me as I remembered Vincent saying he was going to visit a famous artificer and I wanted to tag along. Though confused by my wanting to come, he relented and said that it would be fine for me to come with him to meet Gideon. I have plenty I want to discuss with someone like that, and I may just get somethings in return.

.

.

.

We were weaving our way through the jam packed streets of Xyrus, making our way to the City Square, where the projection of the announcement would be held. There were 4 orbs hanging in the air, forming a square, they were the artifacts that would project the announcement all the way from Etistin. Only me, my father, and the Helsteas came. Mother and Ellie stayed behind so that Ellie could still attend her schooling, though it surprised me that they wouldn't cancel the lesson with such an announcement today.

I could also almost feel the energy and nervousness coming off the Helsteas as they stood together in anticipation, eagerly awaiting the projection to come on.

"Uncle Vincent, is something wrong?" He turned toward me and shook his head with a small chuckle.

"No, Arthur, everything is quite alright. Just a little excited, it's not everyday we get big announcements like this." He had already turned back to wait before I could push further, but I decided to leave it. It didn't feel like he was lying, and there's really no reason for him too.

The orbs began to glow, and shortly after an image formed together on screen of the Glayder Castle in Etistin.

"The three Kings and Queens of the different countries in our beloved Continent of Dicathen have gathered here on this memorable day!" A man who seemed to be a minister of sorts, with a thick grey beard announced to the masses standing below. They all kneeled when the next man stepped forward as the minister stepped away, and it was obvious why. It was King Blaine.