Professor Geist

"Now that that is cleared up for our new student, how about you come up here and introduce yourself, future student council president!" He worded it like a question, but said it annoyingly more like a command. Burying my annoyance I rise from seat and stand beside him, gaining curious murmurings until I turned around. I may be a little vain, but what guys doesn't like to bask in the compliments of frantic whispering and heart shaped eyes of the female gender.

The males had flames burning in their eyes with gritted teeth and clenched fists, after all I hadn't met every student who was going to be attending Xyrus, so for some this was the first time they were seeing me.

"A pleasure to meet you all. I am Jaron Helstea, I look forward to learning in this class with all of you. As I'm sure Professor Geist has done, my records say my core level is solid yellow and I'm a duel augmenter of wind and fire. Please rely on me when I become student council president." With a hand raised to my chest I gave a slight bow before looking back up to see the shocked faces of my classmates.

"You're not a yellow core mage! You're younger than me!" Random guy A yelled while pointing at me and I just smiled.

"You can ask Geist if you don't believe me." I said as I turned to look at him and he just smirked back at me.

"I have something better! As a light yellow core mage I think I'm perfectly equipped to handle our new student. And that way we can know if he really is as strong as he says." All the guys had sneering looks on their faces except for a few while all the girls minus Tessia looked worried.

"Duel!" Came a chant from a group of guys around Random guy A. I sigh in exasperation, maybe I shouldn't have said anything about my core level, but I imagine i would have ended up in this position anyways.

"Very well Professor Geist, lets get this over with." He keeps his smirk placed on before we take our distances on the arena.

"Good, since you're a solid yellow core supposedly I won't have to hold back too much, but I'll use conjurer abilities as a consolation to you." The smirk of his was starting to make tick mark form on my head.

"It seems you don't trust the Director's judgement on my abilities. Perhaps we should ask her to oversee this duel?" I say with a slight head tilt and a smile of my own. He only faltered for a second before retorting.

"No I trust her judgement just fine, but anyone can be swayed when external factors come into play." Well Geist. I didn't know you were such a wordsmith, alluding to the fact that our director was bribed to forge my records. Well I guess you're not entirely wrong, but it wasn't money that swayed her.

"I'm ready whenever you are Professor Geist." He nodded his head toward my sword.

"Aren't you going to draw your blade?" I tapped my hand on the hilt and smiled.

"I don't think that will be necessary, besides you aren't using yours either. It's only fair." He shrugs before smirking again.

"I guess you'll need an excuse for when you lose. Fine by me." My eye twitched at his provocation. I'll admit some people just get under my skin and Geist seems to be one of them. I grab the hilt of my sword and draw it to where the blade is pointing straight at Geist being held aloft by my right hand.

"Professor, I suggest you draw your blade as well. Wouldn't want to allow room for any... excuses after all." He smirked again at me and withdrew his sword from his waist then tossing the hilt.

"You asked for it brat, don't come crying to me when you get burned." This time I was the one to smirk at him.

"Don't worry about me Professor, I just hope you put up a better fight than you did against Brald in that tournament." This got his face to go red and he fueled his blade with fire mana as he charged me. Since I hadn't had a sword duel in a while I decided to meet his blue flames with blue flames if my own. Because while only slightly inconvenient, at this stage it really wouldn't matter if anyone knew that I was Rez. Besides it's bound to happen eventually, as I use this sword a lot as both Jaron and Rez.