Student Council vs Disciplinary Committee

Saying our hellos to Curtis and Claire, me and Arthur get dragged to the side by the ever cheerful duo.

"Is this everyone that's going to be in the class?" Arthur asked as he looked around at the other students currently chatting away in their own groups.

"Tessia and Clive also have this class." I responded and then pointed them out when they began to walk over. Tessia's smile brightened when she saw Arthur and she waved her hand as she walked over, Clive ever dutifully walking right behind her.

"Arthur, Jaron. It's good to see you both." She said as she stopped closest to Arthur who smiled at her approach as well.

"You as well Tess, Jaron was just saying you and Clive were in this class. Can't believe we all ended up in an upper division class." Tessia nodded, only Arthur's mood doesn't stay pleasant forever. Luckily for him Curtis and Claire had moved off to say hello to a couple of other people, but me and Tessia were still here and immediately noticed his change. My eyes followed his and settled on the form of Lucas Wykes and that's when I understood what had angered Arthur.

I gesture to Tessia and she seems to understand what I was asking as she pinches Arthur on the side and it breaks his trance to look at her in annoyance.

"What was that for Tess!" He exclaimed while rubbing at the pinched spot. She huffed and turned her head.

"You were staring too hard at that boy." Arthur looked at her in confusion and I just chuckled. With a quick sound barrier I leaned to Arthur to whisper.

"For someone trying to pretend that he doesn't know Lucas, you sure stared at him with an intense fury." Arthur scowled at me before softening his face.

"You know what he did. Am supposed to just forget that.?" I shake my head as I drop the barrier.

"No it's just not like you to lose your cool around someone." He and Tess stares at me as Arthur absently nods as he goes into contemplation only to immediately be pulled out by a loud call.

"Good! Everyone's here." Our attention turns to the massive Hawk like creature flying over head with the body of our Professor for this class riding atop it. The flare Hawk locks eyes with me and when it comes into land it lands right in front of me. The beast bows as it lands, but I imagine to the others it just looked as if it was landing. Though Professor Glory seemed to notice and looked at me suspiciously, to which I just returned with a smile as I stroked the overgrown bird's head.

I won't lie, I thought about Tuk in that moment, but I could still feel him inside me and it lessened the pain. Still eyeing me Professor Glory dismounts the flare hawk and stands to face the entirety of the class. Meanwhile her bond was continuing to lean its head into my hand for more pets, it was an interesting situation as the one time I tried to pet Tuk he tried to bite me in return. Guess not all bonds are touchy-feely haha.

"I'm surprised, Jaron. Torch normally doesn't let other touch him, let alone pet him." She stares but it came out as more of a question so I paused in my petting to face her.

"Birds seem to be naturally attracted to me. I used to have a Sonic Hawk as a bond not too long ago." She looked at me with with sympathy.

"Used to have one?" She questioned already knowing the answer.

"Yes, he passed on from old age I'm afraid." Not completely a lie, after all he did pass on and he was old.

"I see, sorry for your loss." We could hear snickering from the back and I pin pointed it as being Lucas. Using a mana string to snake up his leg I speak directly into his ear using sound mana.