Ch. 10

After their mouths stop flaming, they each grab a beer. Seb drags Hayley into the living room with everyone else, leaving Chris and I alone. He's leaning against the counter while I stir the green beans. His gaze is making me kind of nervous and I know my face is beat red.

"Can I help?" He asks.

"Oh no, it's almost done. I just put the green beans on since they don't take long." I turn around, grabbing my beer and taking a sip.

"So your moms food is spicier?" I giggle and nod.

"Little bit. I always tone it down since the girls don't have that tolerance." I explain. His arms are half way crossed, making his muscles bulge. Damn he's ripped.

"I don't know if I can eat it without burning my tongue off."

"Well I offered nuggies or I can make you something else?" I ask.

"No, no I'll eat it. It's good but I'll need water or something right next to me." I smirk and he steps a little closer to me.

"How was your day?" He asks, completely blocking me from the rest of the house.

"Good. Blue, Grace, and I went on a run then they cleaned while I cooked. How was yours? Did you get a nap?" I ask, trying not to reach out and touch him. I'm not sure what came over me, but I just want to touch him since he's so close.

"Where is Blue? I was disappointed she didn't greet us. My day was long, and no I didn't get a nap. Well unless you count falling asleep in my set chair for 5 minutes." I chuckle but feel bad he didn't get a nap.

"She's outside. Since the weather is cooler today, I let her run around. And I'm sorry you didn't get a nap." I pout.

"Wanna introduce me? And it's ok, I've been excited all day too." He smiles.

"Sure. She's probably gonna jump on you. Then scream." He laughs. I grab his hand and lead him to the back door.

"Seb! Are you ok with dogs?" I ask him before I open the door.

"Huh? Oh yea, I'm good!" He calls, not taking his eyes off the tv. I roll my eyes and open the door, Blue running in. She jumps on Chris, making him laugh.

"Hi Blue!" I grab his beer and he sits down, letting her sniff and love him. When she plops in his lap, I know she likes him. You're not the only one, missy. Did I really just admit that? Shit... this isn't good. But I don't want to stop these feelings, which is weird. I've known him for 2 days! Cmon, Steph, you didn't even fall for Chase this quickly!

"Blue! Come here girl!" Matt whistles and she goes running. I help Chris up and he dusts off the hair before I hand over his beer.

"She's cute!" Blue starts screaming, making him laugh loudly. He does that cute left boob thing.

"Ok that's hilarious." He says. We walk over to the couch but of course there's only one spot.

"Matt get your fat ass up." He's laying down, taking up the longer section of the couch.

"No, there's a perfectly open chair. Sit there." He smirks. That little shit, I'm going to kill him. Chris sits, eyes now trained on the game.

"You can always sit on my lap." Seb winks, making me roll my eyes.

"Huh? No, come here." Chris pipes in, making everyone laugh as he realizes what Seb just said. Possessive much? Sighing, I sit on his lap. One of his arms goes on my lap and the other around my waist. I put one arm loosely around his neck and lean into him.

"Is this ok?" He whispers to me. I love that he's always checking on me, making sure I'm always comfortable.

"Yea it's fine. They did this on purpose, I hope you know that." I whisper.

"Oh I know... but I'm not complaining. I just don't want you to be uncomfortable." He admits.

"I'm not. I'm surprisingly comfortable around you in such a short amount of time." I say.

"Me too babe." He smiles, kissing my cheek before turning his attention to the game. I absentmindedly start playing with the ends of his hair and watch him shiver as I do.

-Chris's POV-

It feels so normal to have her sitting on my lap. I definitely don't want to let her go any time soon. Her playing with my hair is slowly making me tired and I'm afraid I'll fall asleep soon. It feels good. I notice her shiver when my thumb accidentally brushes her skin under her shirt. Glad I'm not the only one affected. I want to kiss her so badly but I know we need to take this slow. She has to set the pace.

"Steph, is the food ready?" Matt asks.

"Yea, has been for a while." She quips.

"Why didn't you say anything?! I'm starving!" He jumps up and runs to the kitchen.

"We'll set the table." Chelsea says and suddenly they're all gone, leaving the two of us.

"You sure you're ok?" I ask. I never want her to be uncomfortable near me and I'm afraid I'll do something that will make her nervous. She looks at me, a small smile on her beautiful face.

"Yea, you're kind of comfortable." She pauses, looking away from me.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Are we moving too fast?" She asks.

"I'm perfectly fine with the rate we're going. Are you?"

"I am. Just not used to this." She admits.

"I know and that's ok. Let's go eat and spend time with our friends, sound good?" She nods and stands, pulling me up with her.

"Oh and I know you were jealous when Seb said I could sit on his lap." She smirks. Dammit I was hoping she didn't see that.

"Yea... well..." She laughs, pulling me with her to the kitchen.

"Seb, the nuggets are in the freezer. Just put them in the toaster for 10 minutes." He smiles like a kid then grabs them. Everyone fixes their plate but I haven't moved from behind her. She hasn't let go of my hand so I'm not moving until she does.

"Grace, where's Josh?" She asks. I'm guessing Josh is Grace's boyfriend.

"Stuck in traffic, he'll be here soon." She nods, not questioning anymore. She moves from my grasp and makes her plate, looking at me when she notices I haven't moved.

"Cmon Captain." I smile and move to fix my plate. Both of us go sit at the table and of course I pull her chair out for her.

"Thank you." She smiles as I sit next to her. Once everyone sits down, we finally eat.

"Damn Stevie! I've missed your cooking." Anthony moans, making her giggle.

"Glad to hear it Anthony." I take a bite of the red beans, praying that my mouth doesn't catch on fire.

"I for one love the Dino nuggies." Seb says, making us all laugh.

"Next time I'll make lasagna so you won't burn your mouth." She replies.

"Ooh yes please!"