Ch. 62

————————————————————————————

-Steph's POV-

Chris is coming home today! I texted him the address to the new place since he's taking a taxi. He refused to let me pick him up because of the paps. I've gotten a little larger so it's a tad harder to keep the bump covered. So instead I'm unpacking a few things. Mackie and Matt actually helped me move everything in so I didn't have to wait for Chris. I've gotten the babies room unpacked, I just have to decorate it since there's only a crib in there. Matt bought it but needed help setting it up. How many people does it take to assemble a crib, you might ask? Four grown ass men. Seb, Anthony, Matt, and Scott. It took them 5 hours to piece everything together. They wouldn't let me help and none of them would use the directions. All of them are idiots and I constantly remind them of it.

I'm working on setting up the kitchen how I like it, while listening to One Direction. Yes I am aware they're mainly for teenagers but I like their music.

"Everybody wanna steal my girl
Everybody wanna take her heart away
Couple billion people in the whole wide world
Find another one cause she belongs to me" I sing, very loudly.

"Damn right she does." I hear someone say, scaring me. I turn around and see Chris leaning against the wall.

"How long have you been standing there?" I ask, rather embarrassed.

"A good five minutes. You look very sexy while you're dancing." He smirks.

"Ha! Ok. I know you're lying." I scoff.

"Shut up and come here." I smile and run to him. He catches me and I wrap my legs around his torso.

"Hi baby." I kiss him and feel him sigh in relief then start walking. He sets me on the island and I cup his face, trying to keep him as close as I can. I've missed him so much. I bite his lip and slip my tongue in, earning a moan from him. I tug on his hair and he brings me closer, if that's even possible. We slowly pull away, needing to breathe. "I've missed you." He whispers. I kiss him again, briefly this time.

"I've missed you too." I hug him tightly.

"How's our girl?" He asks.

"Hungry." He laughs in my neck and it makes me smile.

"And what does she want?"

"Ice cream..." I mumble but he only laughs more. When he moves away from me, I see the smile on his face. He places his hands on my thighs, rubbing them along my bare legs.

"Do we have any in the fridge?" He asks.

"Yea... Seb bought me cookie dough." He chuckles, leaning in to kiss me again.

"You're so cute." He bends down, "hi little one. Daddy's home." He kisses my stomach, and she starts kicking.

"She just started kicking." I say and grab his hand, placing it on my stomach.

"Woah... I guess she likes the sound of my voice." She continues kicking and he giddily laughs. "Hi Princess. You like the sound of daddy's voice?" He smiles as she responds by kicking again.

"Oof ok, gosh she's strong." I groan.

"I can't wait to meet you, little one. You already have me wrapped around your pinky." He says, kissing my stomach again.

"Then get her the ice cream." I say.

"Yes mam." He kisses me again but I grab his face, keeping him to my lips and he hums. Our lips move slowly together. I swear his lips are my drug. I never want to stop kissing him.

"I love you." I say as we pull back.

"I love you. Go curl up on the couch while I get the ice cream, ok?" He helps me down and taps my butt before I walk off. I walk into the living room and grab a blanket before laying on the couch. I see him walk over and I can't help but stare at him. I'm not sure how I got this lucky. He's such an amazing man and I'm lucky that he's all mine.

"Staring is rude." He sasses, making me scoff.

"Shut up and give me my ice cream." I say.

"Your ice cream? We're sharing."

"The hell we are. Not until you shave that mustache." I sass.

"You're a pain in my ass." He groans as he hands me the tub of ice cream.

"You love me." I smile.

"Yea yea, find a movie to watch." He walks off and I shamelessly stare at his butt. Once he's out of view,'I open the ice cream and take a bite while searching for a movie. I click on Disney + and play The Littke Mermaid since it's his favorite.

"Hey baby?! Do we have any candy?" He calls.

"Did you even do what I asked you to do?" I ask and it's quiet. I hear his shoes running upstairs and I shake my head. Such an idiot. A few minutes later, he's coming back downstairs.

"There's a bag of jelly beans in the pantry." I yell.

"Ooh!" He says giddily, making me laugh. He's so cute.

"Happy?" He comes back in the living room, now in just sweats and a clean shaven face.

"Yes. Thank you baby." He sits next to me and I lean against him, his arm going around me. "The little mermaid? I love you so much." I laugh and press play.

"You are such a dork."

"Can we plane a trip to Disney? I haven't been in a few months." This man is absolutely in love with Disney and I love it.

"Do you want to wait until Maeve is born or go before?" I ask.

"Before... we can just drive. I have a condo there and we get the family to go?" He suggests.

"Yea I'd like that. They all need to meet anyways." I say.

"You're right. When do you think we should plan it? Also, what about Chelsea? Isn't she almost 7 months pregnant?" He asks.

"Yea she is but she should be ok if we plan it soon. Also, do you want the entire world to know I'm pregnant?" He sighs, suddenly remembering that we haven't told the world yet.

"No I really don't."

"I'm just saying because it's getting harder to hide." I admit.

"I know... guess that means we can't go." He says.

"I mean we can but we have to prepare for the backlash. We aren't engaged and have only been together for 7 months. And no, it doesn't bother me. I can see it on your face. I don't care, I am happy with you." I reassure him. He sighs and looks away from me. I can see his anxiety acting up so I force him to look at me.

"Chris, I don't care that we aren't engaged because I know we're going to spend the rest of our lives together. We are going to have a beautiful family and live a happy life." I kiss him softly and feel him relax.

"I'm going to ask you soon. I promise." He sighs.

"Baby, I don't care when you do. You already have me and a ring won't change that." I admit.

"But I like the sound of Mrs Evans... it has a nice ring to it." He says, making me smile.

"It does. And I'll be Mrs Evans one day."