Ch. 18

It's been a week and a half since Chris left. I'll admit, the day he left, I bawled like a baby. I never knew you could miss someone so much. He did call me that night, and has proceeded to call me every night since. During the day, it's a little harder to text but he always calls, even if it's midnight. I stay awake until I hear from him, and most of the time he falls asleep on the phone but I don't mind. I'm just happy he's actually calling and keeping his word. I'm thinking this will actually work. And my mom is even more excited to meet him. My brothers are skeptical. Matt still loves him but the others are harder to persuade. I'm actually thinking of asking Chris if he wants to come home with me to meet everyone. After, I meet his family. He's already asked me and I've made up my mind that I'll go with him. He means a lot to me and my feelings for him grow everyday. He's not going to hurt me and he is nothing like Chase.

I'm currently curled up in bed, reading a true crime book Grace recommend. It's nearly 9 and Chris said he'd call around now. I miss him so much. He 'accidentally' left one of his shirts here so I literally wear it every night. It smells like him and kind of helps me sleep. Damn, I sound pathetic! Here I am, waiting for a guy to call me and wearing his shirt. I wouldn't even give a guy the time of day two weeks ago! I even changed his name in my phone to My Captain ❤️. Am I insane? Probably... but I'm happy. My phone starts buzzing and I automatically know it's him

'Hi.' I answer, a huge smile on my face. I love when he calls, I always get excited and happy.

'Hi baby. How was your day?'

'Kind of stressful but it's better now.'

'Oh yea? Why's that? Did Blue do something funny?' I chuckle.

'Nope. She's actually fast asleep. And I'm just talking to my favorite person.'

'Wow, I've upgraded to favorite person. I like it.' I giggle. Ugh I miss him so much.

'How was your day?'

'Long, I'm exhausted. I just got into bed, which is considerably early.' He says and I hear him yawn. Before I can answer, someone knocks at my door. Who the hell is here at this hour?

'Someone's here.' I tell him.

'Are you ok?' His voice perks up, more alert now.

'I'm going to see who it is. Stay on the phone with me.'

'Please be careful. Here FaceTime me.' I switch it over and now see his worried face.

"Are you in my shirt?" I roll my eyes. Not the time Chris. I look through the little peep hole and see Daisy. What the hell?

"Daisy? What are you doing here?" I open the door. She looks rough. Her eyes are red and swollen, I'm guessing from crying, and she's got a bruise around her right eye.

"Sweetie what happened?" I pull her inside.

'What's going on, Steph?' I hear Chris ask.

"Daisy just showed up. Can I call you back? I'm sorry baby."

'No it's ok. Take care of her. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Sleep good.' He blows me a kiss.

"You too." I hang up and put my phone down, now paying full attention to my niece.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't know where else to go." She admits. I pull her into a hug and she sobs loudly. She really drove all the way from Baton Rouge, which is terrifying because clearly she was in no shape to drive that far.

"Here come sit, do you want some tea?" She shakes her head and I hand her a box of tissues.

"Tell me what happened." I say.