Ch. 65

-August-

So we're doing a baby shower/house warming party. It was easier since everyone lives in different states. His family got in last night and mine have been here for two days. Our parents, Lane, Maddie, and baby Natty, Scott and his boyfriend, and Hayley are staying at the house. Everyone else either has their own place or is in a hotel. Im glad not everyone is here because it would be way too crowded.

Chris and I have decided to make a post about Mayven. Word has gotten out and it needs to be made official so people can stop spreading stupid rumors. I'm very nervous but we had a long talk and agree it needs to be done. I'm actually working on it now. He and I had some pictures done, via Grace, at the end of last month so I'm posting one of those.

"What do you think of this?" I ask him.

'Yes, the rumors are true. Baby Evans coming soon!'

"Yea, I like it. Go ahead and tag me." He says and I do then hit post.

"Now we wait for the world to explode." I take a deep breath and set my phone to the side. Not even a second later, I see the notifications pop up.

Iamsebastianstan: can't wait to meet my niece!
Anthonymackie: shes mine, Stan. Back off
Robertdowneyjr: may or may not have already gotten her an iron man shirt...

"I hate all of you!" I yell, earning multiple laughs.

"I'm gonna post one." Chris says.

'I pray you look just like your mama

'I pray you look just like your mama. I love you and daddy can't wait to meet you ❤️'

"I love you." I kiss him after he posts it.

"I love you." My phone dings again.

Chrisevans: I can't wait to meet you baby girl!

"Well people seem to be happy." I tell him. Seb walks into the living room and plops down next to me.

"Didn't think you two were gonna post anything." He says.

"Figured we needed to since there's so many rumors going around." Chris admits.

"Smart idea. They seem to be happy."

"Yea they're taking it rather well. I see some negative comments but we can't please everyone." I shrug and shut my phone off. "Oh we need to ask you something. Mackie! Get in here!" I yell. He soon comes walking in and sits on the ottoman in front of us.

"Yes Stevie?" He asks.

"Chris and I have been thinking and we want you both to be her godparents. I've already asked Chelsea as well." I say.

"Seriously? Yea of course, I'd love to." Seb exclaims.

"I'd be honored but I do have to ask, why not Hunter or one of the others?" Mackie asks.

"They're already her uncles and while you two are as well, you're not blood. If anything happens to Chris and I, anyone here would take care of her. I guess this is just our way to insure you're both in her life." I tell them.

"I'm already going to spoil her. I'm so excited you have no idea." Seb says, making me laugh.

"You know I'll treat her as one of my own." Anthony says.

"Thank you guys. Now help me up, I'm hungry." They all laugh and Chris pulls me up. It's getting increasingly difficult to stand from the couch or even get out of bed. I can't even put my own shoes on! Ugh I'm ready for her to be born.

I waddle to the kitchen, where my mother and mother-in-law are cooking. Each have a glass of wine. They're getting along so well, it's great. They became best friends when we were in Disney.

"What're you doing, Steph?" My mom asks as I grab a jar of nutella out of the pantry.

"Nothing." I grab a spoon and take a bite of the chocolatey goodness. Mm I love this stuff.

"Baby... we're about to eat actual food." Chris walks in.

"Shut up and let me eat my Nutella in peace." I snap and he raises his hands in defense.

"Yes mam." I see Robert and Mackie chuckling behind him and I glare, making them shut up.

"Can y'all stopping judging me? I'm 8 months pregnant and I have cravings." I cry. Wow I hate hormones.

"Hey, it's ok. We're not judging you." Chris cups my face and wipes my tears.

"I'm sorry... I hate being this emotional." I groan.

"It's ok, baby, it's completely normal." He wipes my bottom lip before I lean in to hug him. He kisses the top of my head and holds me. I'm ugly crying at this point and I just know I'm soaking his shirt.

"Steph, it's ok darlin." I grip his shirt with my free hand. Someone takes the Nutella from me and I grip Chris tighter. "Let's go get you cleaned up, ok?" I sniffle and nod, pulling away from him. He grabs my hand and leads us upstairs. Ugh I'm a wreck. We walk into our bathroom and he sets me down on the side of the tub.

"How did you get Nutella on your chin?" He chuckles as he wipes my chin.

"I'm talented like that." I sniffle. "I'm sorry... I don't know why I acted that way." I sigh.

"You don't have to apologize, I promise it's normal." He smiles.

"But I was mean to you..."

"Baby it's ok. You weren't being mean." He kisses my nose.

"Ok... I love you." I sigh.

"I love you. Do you want to change?" He asks.

"No I'm ok. I got your shirt wet though. And some Nutella on it." He smiles and shakes his head.

"It's ok. I'll go change and be right back to help you get up." He stands and walks off. I think I can get up from here. I grab onto the side and lift myself up then waddle to the mirror. Ugh I look like a mess. I wipe the mascara that's running and apply a fresh coat. I didn't put any other makeup on, thankfully.

"Hey you got up by yourself. I'm proud." Chris smiles once he walks back into the bathroom.

"Cmon... we should go. The quicker we get this over with, the quicker I get to nap." He laughs and grabs my hand, pulling me against him.

"You ok?" He asks.

"Yea... just needed to cry. I'm sorry you've had to put up with my insane hormones." I sigh.

"I love you. I'd do you anything for you and May. You're the loves of my life." He admits. I lean up and kiss him, feeling calmer as I do.

"I'm glad we met at that bar." I say.

"Me too, baby."