Ch. 50

-Steph's POV-

Chris left yesterday. Yea, I didn't sleep at all last night. I doubt I will until Tuesday. I miss him already and yes I know I sound pathetic. When you share the same bed with someone for months, you get used to having them next to you and then you can't sleep without them. I made him leave some shirts with me but it's not the same. Maybe one day we'll have calmer lives but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Right now I'm finalizing everything for next week. Most of its finished, just a few minor touches. I'm waiting on the girls to get here, I haven't seen most of them since before Christmas. Hayley is even coming but she'll leave when I do because she has a meeting in Cali. It's hard keeping up with everyone.

"Steph!" I hear Chelsea yell.

"Office!" I yell back. She and Grace appear so I jump up to hug them. Ugh I've missed them a lot.

"Where's everyone else?" Grace asks.

"Uhh Hayley just landed so she's on the way and Emily is stopping to pick up Chinese." I tell them.

"Ooh yes I'm starving. I also need a drink... lost a patient today." Grace sighs, making me frown. She always takes it hard when one of her patients dies.

"I'm sorry... what happened?" I ask as we walk into the kitchen. I grab a bottle of wine along with some glasses and pour them some.

"Drive by... he was only 12 Steph. It's so fucked up." Instead of grabbing the glass, she grabs the bottle and chugs it. Honestly, I don't blame her so I don't say a word.

"Like I do not understand how someone can just go around and fire guns! That kid did nothing! He was innocent." She groans, sipping the wine. Before I say anything, the front door opens and in walk Hayley and Emily.

"Look who I found!" Em smiles. We all hug then I pour them some wine.

"How's everyone?" Hayley asks.

"Shitty." Grace groans. Hayley and Em give me a look.

"Lost a patient." I whisper and they understand. Grace walks off, Em following her. I start fixing everyone a plate before we all go into the living room. Chels turns on Say Yes to the Dress while we eat. I've always wanted to go to Kleinfeld but they're so expensive. Plus you need a fiancé and I don't have one of those.

"How's Chris, Steph?" Em asks.

"Good, he flew home last night and he'll fly out to New York tomorrow. Rehearsal starts on Monday." I say.

"Ooh what's he working on?" Grace asks.

"Lobby Hero, it's some play. He's playing a cop and has to grow a mustache. Dont get me wrong, I love him with a beard but he has to grow a pedo stache." I fake gag while they all laugh.

"That'll be hilarious but I have a feeling he can make anything look good." Em says. Ok yea, she's right.

"I met the entire Avengers cast the other night. They're all amazing." I comment.

"YOU MET ROBERT DOWNEY JR AND YOU DIDNT SAY ANYTHING?!" Emily yells. Yea... she's a bit of a fan.

"Darling I could've introduced you two a long time ago." Hayley comments.

"Is he hot in real life?" She asks.

"He's like 50! But yes he's hot. Please don't tell Chris I said that." They all laugh. "Also Scarlett and Lizzy are so sweet, I even got their numbers." I say.

"That's great. So is he going next week?" The smile on my face fades.

"I'll take that frown on your face as a no... but you said he'll be in New York?" Grace asks.

"Yea... we're sharing the same hotel room while I'm up there but he has rehearsal at 5 that day so he won't make it." I sigh, now depressed again.

"Aw I'm sorry love. At least you'll see him though." Hayley says but I only shrug. My phone starts going off and Chris is FaceTiming me.

'Hi baby.' I smile as I answer.

'Hi sweetheart. How're you?'

'Good, the girls are here.' I flip the camera around so he can see them. I don't let them see him though, since he's shirtless. Yea I know they won't care but still.

'Hi girls.' They wave before I flip the camera back to me.

'I'll call later tonight? I just wanted to see how your day was.' He's been in a meeting all day so we haven't talked much.

'Yea that's fine. I'll call before you go to sleep. Your flight is at 8 tomorrow?' I ask.

'Yea, I'm bringing Dodger back to Rob's later tonight and I have to leave at 5:30 in the morning.' He groans.

'I'm sorry baby. I love you.' I smile.

'I love you. Have a fun night.'

'I will.' He winks before we hang up. That's when I notice all of them staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You two are cute. When's the wedding?" Em asks, all of them giggling.

"Shut up." I groan.

"Y'all are! You two have no idea how much I love y'all together." Chels says.

"We just started dating... I'd at least like to be together for a year before talking about marriage." I say.

"Have y'all talked about it?" She asks.

"A little. Yea I can see myself marrying him but way down the line. We're both busy people so settling down with each other is going to be difficult." I admit.

"I'm just happy you see yourself with him. He's a great guy." Grace says.

"He is and I love him, a lot." I smile.

"Well I sure as shit better be a bridesmaid." Em says, all of us laughing.

"You're all going to be bridesmaids. Damn I'm going to have a huge bridal party. Rob also said he wants to be the officiant. Seb will probably be the flower girl." They laugh.

"Oh I can see him doing that and he would kill it!" Hayley says. Is it crazy I'm literally planning this wedding? Who knows if we'll ever get married. Now that I'm actually thinking about it, I want to marry him. I just want him.

"An Avenger themed wedding? I am so down." Grace says.

"I just want him... marriage or not. Being with him is all that matters." I admit out loud. There's a subtle pause in the group before they all shout "awwwww".

"Ugh absolute power couple."