Ch. 68

We got home a few days and yes, she wore the Captain America onesie home. It was adorable. The doctors made us stay two days just to make sure everything was ok. Our moms are still here to help us with everything but everyone else left. Mayven has surprisingly been an easy baby. We haven't gotten her on formula yet. Steph is actually feeding her now while I make us some dinner.

"Baby, do you want cheese on your burger?" I ask.

"Uh yea that's fine!" She calls back. I can tell she's exhausted. May wakes up every two to three hours at night, crying. When I jump up to get her, Steph always wakes up too. I know she has to feed her but I wish she'd let me do it.

I notice Steph walk in and put May in her little crib we have in the kitchen. She walks over to me and wraps her arms around my waist.

"Hi baby." I put one arm around her and kiss the top of her head.

"Im not even hungry." She sighs.

"You need to eat. At least the meat." I tell her.

"Mm ok... can we go to bed after?" She asks.

"How about a nice bath first?" I suggest.

"Yea... that sounds nice." I put the burger on a plate for her and she moves to the counter to eat.

"Let me get her tonight. I know when she wakes up, she has to feed but I can give her a bottle." I tell her.

"No... the doctor said it's better for her if it comes straight from the source." She takes a bite of her food.

"Baby, you're exhausted. I don't want you doing this by yourself." I grab her hand. She sighs but nods, giving in.

"I'll pump a few bottles. Im still going to wake up. It's like her cries are a trigger or something." I chuckle. We finish eating and I leave some for our moms to eat. My mom went to the grocery for us and I'm so thankful. I'm honestly not sure where her mom is.

I pick May up, careful not to wake her up. All three of us head upstairs and I set May down in her crib that's next to our bed.

"Cmon, let's take that bath." I grab her hand and pull her into the bathroom.

"Wait she can't be alone." She says.

"She's asleep. She'll be fine." I start running the water, making sure it's at a good temperature.

"Chris..." she sighs.

"We can hear her if she wakes up. Now come here." She huffs but walks over to me. I cup her face and kiss her, earning a sigh from her. Our lips slowly move together as she grips my shirt. I flick my tongue against hers and gain a soft moan from her. My hands go around her waist as hers wrap around my neck, holding me closer. I still feel those butterflies every time, just like from the first time we kissed. We slowly pull apart, needing to breathe.

"That was unexpected." She comments, our lips brush together as she speaks.

"I've missed kissing you." I admit.

"You kiss me everyday." She chuckles softly.

"Yea but they're just little pecks. I haven't kissed you properly in weeks." I pout.

"I'm sorry for depriving you." She giggles.

"You should be." She squeals as I pinch her butt.

"I love you." I kiss her again.

"I love you but you better turn the water off before it overflows." Oh shit. I pull away from her and shut the water off.

"That would've been bad." She goes to speak but May starts crying. "I got her, get in the tub." I kiss her before walking out and picking up May.

"Hey sleepy head." She cries as I rock her. "You're ok. You probably had a bad dream, yea? Daddy gets those sometimes but they aren't real. Sshh it's ok." She quiets down a few minutes later but just stares up at me. I wipe her cheeks and kiss her little nose, earning a sneeze.

"I don't know why I find that so cute." I chuckle and wipe my mouth. She slowly falls asleep and I set her in her crib once I know she's fully asleep. I tiptoe back into the bathroom, finding Steph in the bath already.

"Is she ok?"

"Yea probably just had a bad dream. I kissed her on the nose and she sneezed. It was the cutest thing ever. She did that at the hospital too." She giggles and shakes her head. I quickly change out of my clothes and climb in behind her. She leans against me, laying her head on my shoulder.

"Mm I've missed this." She sighs in content as I slowly kiss her neck. "Chris, I wouldn't do that. We haven't had sex in 7 months and I know I am not ready for that yet so don't make it harder." I chuckle and stop kissing her neck.

"Sorry baby." I kiss the side of her head.

"Mhm ok." I smile.

"I wanted to run something passed you." I suddenly say.

"Ok, what is it?" She asks.

"Um... I was offered to film a movie in October. It's for 3 months and then I'll be back."

"Do it. You know I never wanted you to give up your career. We'll make it work." She says. I love this woman so much.

"Really? I mean I can always tell them no." I say.

"No, I want you to do it. I know you miss it." She tells me.

"Filming is just outside Boston so you two can come with me and stay at my place while I film. It'll be easier than staying by yourself, which I don't want." I admit.

"We'd have to drive because I am not flying with a newborn." I chuckle softly.

"That's fine. I also really don't want to be away from y'all for three months."

"I know... I don't want you away for three months. I will have to go by my office so I can get a few things to work on. I've been bored these past two months. I'm thinking of starting a baby line." She says.

"That'd be great." I absentmindedly start kissing her neck again.

"I need to work off this baby fat." She suddenly says.

"Baby you're still just as beautiful." I tell her.

"You have to say that. You're my boyfriend." Mm I don't like that word... I'd rather be her husband. Guess I need to work on a plan to propose soon.

"But it's true. You're gorgeous." I continue kissing her neck.

"Chris." She whines and I try to not let myself get affected by that.

"Sorry, sorry." I stop.

"I want you too baby but my body is still healing." She sighs.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just can't help myself. You're addicting." She laughs and my heart races, just like every time.

"I love you so much." She giggles.

"I love you too."