Ch. 60

-April-

-April-

I'm going house hunting today! Chris is still in New York, working on his play. He'll finish up at the end of the month but still can't go to the Infinity War Premier. He's not too happy that I'm still going since I'm 4 months pregnant. Mackie wants me to go and I'm honestly excited.

I beginning to show but it's not too noticeable, yet. People will begin to notice shortly... we're trying to keep a lid on everything at least until she's born. The paps haven't figured it out yet but they will soon. We don't want the entire world knowing any time soon though.

"Steph! Let's go, Justin is waiting!" Chelsea calls from the living room. I quickly slip my shoes on and walk out of my room.

"Finally! You're so slow!" I roll my eyes as she ushers us out of the house. Since Chris isn't here, Chelsea and Matt are coming along. Honestly I need all the help I can get.

"You two are so slow."

"Scott? What are you doing here? I didn't think I'd see you until next month!" I run and hug him, making him laugh.

"Missed you too Steph. Chris called, said you two were looking for another house and asked if I could come down. So voila. Your favorite Evans is here." I shake my head.

"I'm glad you're here. Let's go." We all climb in my car and I type in the first address Justin gave us.

"So have you two decided a name yet?" Scott asks.

"Chris didn't tell you? Mayven Olivia, May for short. We've had a name for about a month." I tell him.

"Son of a bitch, no he didn't tell me. Can I buy her clothes? Ya know what, imma do it anyways. Ooh can I decorate her room? I have so many ideas." Goodness he's excited.

"Show me the ideas when we find a house and then maybe I'll let you decorate it. Chels, have y'all decorated Emma's room?" I ask.

"Yea it's almost done. Oh so I'm doing a baby shower. Do you want to plan it?" She asks.

"Sure, as long as you plan mine. When do you want it?"

"Uhhh beginning of June? Gives you enough time, I think."

"Ok sure."

—————

We're on our third house and I'm exhausted. They're all starting to blend together so I can't tell the differences anymore. The realtor is starting to sound like a drone, which is giving me a headache.

"Do you have any questions, Stephanie?" He suddenly asks.

"Um no I don't think. Can you give us a minute?" He simply nods and walks off.

"So I think I want to put in an offer for the first one. It feels the most like home and has a huge back yard for May, Dodger, and Blue to play in. If we have more kids, we won't have to move." I say.

"That one is..." Scott pulls out the paper. "... 5,000 square feet, 6 bedrooms, 5 and a half baths, 6.5 acres, and is 1.3 million. It's also the cheapest out of the three." And this is why he's my favorite Evans'. "You have the budget to just buy it. He gave you a check." He says.

"You think he'd hate me if we just... bought it?" I ask.

"Nah. You're the love of his life." He shrugs it off.

"Justin!" I call. He soon walks back in.

"Mind if we go back to the first place?" He nods and soon we're all on the way to the first home. As we step out, I immediately feel like I'm home. Yea... this is it.

"I'd like to buy it." I tell Keaton.

"Ok... well I first need to call the homeowners with your offer." He states.

"$1.4 million is my offer." He simply nods and walks off to make some calls. I decide to walk inside so I can see it again. This is home. I just hope the homeowners agree to my offer. I kind of feel bad about not consulting Chris first but I know he trusts me.

Justin soon walks in, a smile on his face.

"It's yours!" He exclaims.

"Seriously?! Thank you so much!!" I hug him.

"Of course." I smile then move to a little table and grab the check book Chris gave me. Chelsea and Scott walk back down stairs as I finish making out the check.

"Here ya go." He grabs it from me, kind of shocked I paid the entire amount at once. He pulls out the keys and hands the over to me.

"I'll come by with the lease tomorrow. Have a good day." He shakes all out of hands before leaving.

"So you bought it?" Chelsea asks.

"Yes!! We're officially home owners!!" I squeal and hug them both. Shit I need to call Chris. "I need to call Chris." I say once I pull away from Scott. I grab my phone out of my bag and FaceTime him.

'Hi baby. How's house hunting?' He asks.

"You know I love you right?" I smile awkwardly.

'Yes... what did you do?'

"... may or may not have bought a house." I mumble.

'And how much was it?'

"...1.4" I say.

'That's it? I was honestly expecting more. Go on, show me around.' I smile and flip the camera around. I take him through the kitchen, showing him the giant pantry which I'm excited to organize and use. The kitchen has a little breakfast nook which will be great. Next I show him the living room that has a great view of the backyard. There's a little swing set outside for Maeve to use. The laundry room is huge, which is a great plus.  The first floor has 2 bedrooms so I take him through those. Next I show him the second floor, which has 3 more rooms.

"This is our room." I say as I open the door.

'Damn that's huge! That view is great." There's a balcony and it also has a view of the backyard. I walk into the master bath, which is one of my favorite rooms. The first would be the closet.

'Oh I love that shower. We're definitely using that.' I roll my eyes at his comment. Such a boy.

"My favorite is the closet." I take us in there.

'Oh God... please save room for my things.'

"You can get a little section." He sighs.

'Gee thanks baby.' I smile and walk us out. There's a nursery next to our room that just needs some new furniture.

"So the third story is just two rooms and a bathroom. If we have more kids, we can put two of them up there." I explain.

'Definitely. Ok baby, I have to go. I'll see you soon. And please let the moving guys move everything in. I don't want you lifting heavy stuff.' He says.

"Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't do anything, Chris." I sigh. It gets annoying when he says stuff like this... I'm not fragile.

'I know baby, but please just stick to packing things.' I roll my eyes and huff.

"Alright whatever. Bye love you." He sighs, knowing I'm irritated.

'I love you. Please don't be irritated.'

"Then stop treating me like I'm fragile." I snap.

'I'm sorry... I just don't want anything to happen.' He says.

"Everything is fine."

'Ok... I'm sorry. I love you.'

"I love you too."