Ch. 39

I walk outside with Hunter and wow, this is an amazing view. They have a huge back deck with an outdoor kitchen plus a pool. They must throw a lot of parties. It's getting too cold to swim but there's room to just hang out back here.

"Damn... this place is amazing." I comment. Hunter chuckles before walking off to a shed.

"We're throwing Daisy's party tomorrow. Family during the day then some friends later that night for the LSU game." He explains. I'm guessing Steph doesn't know about the LSU game party.

"Um... these friends, are they good friends?" I ask, kind of nervous someone will tell the press I'm here and the last thing I want is for them to figure out where Steph's parents live.

"Yea, it's a few of her friends. Like 3 of them I think." He shrugs. I simply nod as he hands me some lights I'm guessing to hang.

"Alright we're just gonna hang these along the gondola and mom wants us to blow the patio off and cover the pool." He says. I nod and follow him to hang the lights. He gets on the ladder to hang while I hand them to him.

"Stevie told me you know about her ex?" He randomly asks, not even looking at me.

"I do... he's an asshole." I admit.

"He is, I never liked him. She also wasn't nearly as comfortable around him as she is with you. I saw how you two were this morning. She never would've done that with Chase. Also, she and Chase were together for 5 months before she introduced him to us." I'm honestly not sure what he's trying to say... maybe that he likes me more than Chase?

"What I'm trying to say is, I can already tell you're better than Chase. She's a lot happier and that's all I want but out of all 3 of my older brothers, I'm the most protective of her. You're famous. Everyone knows who Captain America is and that can hurt her. I know she can handle herself and handle the media but they can be a handful." He tells me.

"I'm trying to keep her out of that and I understand your concern. She makes me happy, happier than I've been in a long time." I admit.

"And when you go back home? She's told me filming is done in January so what happens after that?" He's very blunt but I understand it.

"I'm going to visit her as much as possible. We haven't had that conversation yet. I'm not letting her go, if that's what you're asking. She means too much to me, even if it's only been two months." I admit.

"Good. She doesn't trust easily, not after Chase. So whatever you do, don't break that trust. I'm also a sharp shooter, military sniper training. Just FYI." I gulp but nod.

"I won't." He nods and we keep hanging up the lights.

"Hello?! Is anyone home?!" I hear someone yell.

"Out back!" Hunter yells. I turn around when I hear the back door open. I think that's Lane, since he's holding a baby girl.

"Oh you must be Chris. I'm Lane and this is Natty." He walks over and shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you. And hello cutie." I smile at Natasha. I absolutely love babies, and she's so cute.

"Lane, can you cover the pool?" Hunter asks.

"Uh you mind holding her?" I shake my head.

"Not at all, I love kids." I take her from him and she stares up at me with bright blue eyes. She's got messy red hair, matching her fathers. This whole family has red hair, well except Carly and Daisy who have blonde hair.

"You wanna go sit pretty girl?" She blubbers, so I take that as a yes. I can't wait to have kids of my own.

-Steph's POV-