Ch. 69

-Steph's POV-

We've been home for about a month. It's nearly October and we're packing for Boston. Production for this new movie will last until the end of December and he'll only get three days off for Christmas. Yea I wasn't happy about that but it is what it is. We'll figure out my family Christmas eventually. We're driving up tomorrow and the next day. It'll take nearly 17 hours to drive up but there will be numerous stops because we'll have to feed and change May.

Right now, I'm going to the store to get some formula since she doesn't like the kind we have. She threw it up all over Chris but he somehow found it adorable. That man is something else, I swear. He absolutely loves being a father and he's so good at it. He loves playing with her, even though she just looks at him like he's stupid.

"Oh my God! You're Stephanie St James!" I hear someone shout my name. Why can't people leave me alone? Sighing, I turn around and see two girls staring at me.

"Uh hi." I smile.

"Hi! Wait! Did you have your daughter? Congratulations!" One gushes.

"Thank you. What can I do for you two? I'm clearly not my better half so." I awkwardly chuckle.

"Could we take a picture with you?"

"Um sure." We huddle together for a selfie.

"Thank you so much! How is your daughter doing?" One asks.

"Uh she's good. Home with Chris at the moment. I actually have to get going. It was nice meeting you both." I smile.

"You too!" They wave and walk off. That was strange. I shake my head and go down the baby aisle. We also need more baby wipes and diaper rash cream. I grab a few packs of each and throw them in the cart before going to get the formula.

Why is there so much?

I grab an organic kind and pray she likes it. Ok I think I'm done. I walk to the check out and ring up my own groceries since it's easier than having the cashier stare at me the entire time. Once I finish, I walk back to the car and pack everything into it.

"Um excuse me? Are you Stephanie St James?" Great, what now? I turn around, a fake smile on my face.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Jake Mitchell from People Magazine. We weren't aware you had your baby. Congratulations! What's her name? When was she born?" He asks.

"I'm afraid that's none of your business. Have a nice day." I shut my trunk and go to get in my front seat.

"Isn't it true Chris will be starting a new movie? How do you feel about that?" He yells. I don't even bother answering and climb in my seat, locking my door. I hate paps so much. I peel out of the parking lot and head back home.

———

"Chris! Can you help me?" I yell as I walk inside. When I don't get an answer, I immediately get worried. I set the few bags on the floor and run around, trying to find them.

"There you are. Didn't you he-" I stop when I see the two of them on the couch, passed out. Both have their mouths open, May is drooling slightly and Chris is snoring softly. His hand is over her diaper clad butt and the other is hanging off the side of the couch. Did I mention he's just in boxers? This is honestly the cutest thing I have ever seen. I quickly take a picture and of course post it on my Instagram story with the caption "Like father, like daughter❤️"

Once I post it, I set the picture as my Lock Screen. Now to put up groceries. I start to walk out of the room but hear his phone ringing. Lisa.

"Hi Lisa." I answer.