chapter sixty-two

It's been two days

It's been two days. That means nine more days until Maya's birthday, which she's been raving about. It's all she talks about.

It's also been two days since Lola went fucking MIA on me. I can't get in contact with her, her phone was going straight to voicemail, she wasn't answering my text. I went to her mansion up in the mountains, they said she wasn't there. Which is fucking odd because she never disappeared on me before.

Even Maya is worried about her. I can only distract her for a while until she asks again.

I go into Maya's room and climb inside her queen size black panther themed bed. I don't know why Lee got a four year old a queen size bed, but she loves it.

I brush her hair out of her face and kiss her warm forehead. "Maya," I whisper while stroking her hair back.

She stirs in her sleep and opens her eyes. A smile comes on her face when she sees my face. She crawls on top of me and rests her head on my chest. "Hi Mommy," She mumbled.

"Hi baby." I say and rub her back.

We stay like this for some time. Maya loves morning cuddles, it's one of her favorite things to do with me. I cuddle her until she fully wakes up.

We go into the bathroom and I run her a bath.

I wash her up and then wash her hair. Lee comes in the bathroom and Maya screams and hugs her towel tightly. "Daddy! I'm naked!"

Lee turns around, "Sorry princess. Just here to see if you were up."

Maya giggled, "I'm up Daddy. But you can't be in here. Only girls."

"I'll come back when you're dressed." Lee said and went out the door.

I pick out a purple Wakanda shirt, light blue jean shorts and her favorite purple converses that match her shirt.

I get out the bag from the hair store and let her pick out what color beads she wanted in her hair. She of course picked purple, black, another shade of purple, and white.

I comb out her hair and blow dry it. Even though I was biracial I definitely got my hair from my mother. While Marco's hair was soft and curly and you could even run your fingers through it without your hand getting stuck, but mine? My hair was thick, curly, and high maintenance. Maya's hair was like mine, just a little less maintenance and her curls weren't as defined as mine, still hard as fuck to comb through if you leave it alone for two days.

I get everything ready and section her hair off. For a four year old she sits pretty still until she starts getting agitated.

Lee comes in and brings breakfast. I give her a break and let her take a break and talk to her dad and eat. I watch as Maya feeds Lee a strawberry and giggles when he fake bites her finger.