Chapter 𝟜 - Howard

"Welcome to the Modern Marvels Pavilion and the World of Tomorrow. A greater world. A better world."

"Oh my God! It's starting!" One of the women said as they dragged Bucky away from me and Steve, of course, they did. Neither one of them paid too much attention to poor Steve.

"C'mon, let's go," I said to him. We followed Bucky, Connie, and Bonnie to the stage.

I saw Howard on the stage with a few women. He ended up giving the woman who took his took hat a kiss which made me roll my eyes.

"I love you, Howard!" Someone from the crowd cried. I did my best to try and focus on the new invention Stark had cooked up.

"Ladies and gentlemen," He started. "What if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all?" So that's what he was working on last week.

The audience gasped as the women on staged took the wheels off the car.

"Yes. Thanks, Mandy. With Stark Gravitic Reversion Technology, you'll be able to do just that." Howard turned a knob on the control panel that stood near him, the car started to float.

"Holy cow," Bucky said. I smiled already knowing what Stark was capable of, I never really hid anything from the boys in my entire life except my current job and well, Stark. I had no choice in the matter though, it was top secret.

The car then started to spark and it fell. I smiled even wider at this, knowing that everyone I cared about was having a good time witnessing a tiny piece of what could come in the future.

"I did say a few years, didn't I?" The crowd applauded.

"Hey, Steve, what do you say we treat these girls..." Bucky and I turned around. No Steve.

"You go find him, I can stay with the girls."

"You sure Tina?"

"I'm sure. And I think I know where he went." I pointed to an army recruitment station.

"Got it, thanks, Tina." Bucky went to go find him.

I turned to the girls. "So ladies, how are you liking my best friends? Real charmers huh?"

They both pushed past me and went over in the direction that Bucky went.

"Ugh." I rubbed my face. "Bucky why do you have to be such a lady's man?"

"Excuse me miss." I turned around to see a tall and slender man. His hair was neatly combed into a side part.

I looked up at him. "How may I help you, sir?"

"You are miss Harding correct?" He spoke with a British accent.

"...Who's asking?"

"Oh, deeply sorry. I'm Edwin Jarvis, Mr. Stark's butler and he has sent for me to come and get you."

"He has?" I kept my hands to my side, I was ready to pull my pistol from its garter belt holster out in case this was a setup.

"Please, don't be alarmed, Miss Harding I can prove he sent me." Mr. Jarvis reached in his pocket and pulled out a letter. He handed it to me. "Mr. Stark told me to give you this."

I took the letter and started to read it.

"My beloved and darling Christina- okay, I believe you." I quickly handed him the letter back.

"Wonderful, now if you'd follow me-"

"Come on girls, they're playing our song." I heard Bucky's voice.