Chapter 𝟙𝟜 - Reunited And It Doesnt't Feel So Good

"Hello?" A British voice came over the phone. One that I missed so dearly.

I was ecstatic, Peggy was alive! "Peggy- oh my God Peggy, it's me! It's Tina!"

There was silence over the phone until she spoke again. "Stop joking around and don't call this number again." Her tone was very authoritative.

I panicked, what was I thinking? No way she'd believe that immediately. "No no, I promise it's me I can prove it."

"Well, go ahead then. Hurry." She was not amused.

"Remember before the lighthouse was overtaken. You and I had a conversation- about Steve?" I was racking my mind for practically anything that would get her to believe me.

She stayed quiet over the phone.

"Yeah- you told me how before he passed, he promised to meet you at the Stork club at 8:00 sharp. Don't be late even though...he was a bad dancer. Who else would know that Peg?"

The other line went quiet for a moment. "Tina-its you but, how?" I could hear her voice breaking.

"I can explain but, could you come over? I'm hungry and I barely know how to work all of this- stuff. Wait sorry, I'm ahead of myself, do you even live in New York?"

"Yes never left, I'll be over soon just tell me the address," I informed Peggy of where I lived as I anticipated her arrival.

                                        —♪—
I heard a knock at the front door and rushed to open it. On the outside, I saw Peggy. Of course, she was a little bit older but still, she looked like the same Agent Carter I had come to know.

Peggy put one of her hands over her mouth while the other was behind her back. She couldn't believe that I was here in front of her. I was barely processing the fact that I was here.

"You have a gun behind your back don't you?" I figured Peggy would do this, after all, she didn't know for sure that it was me.

"You know me too well." Peggy holstered her gun before she ran to hug me.

"I missed you so much, Peg."

"I did too." She let go of me. "Now, what did you need help with?"

"Dinner, I have no idea of what to make."

"That's alright, where's your kitchen?"

"Over here." I walked and Peggy followed me.

She opened the fridge and looked at everything in it.

"I think I know what we could make."

I helped Peggy make this dish called Beef Bourguignon. I was chopping up vegetables with her, she had hardly eaten for the day so we were making enough for both of us.

"So, what happened when I was gone?" I asked Peggy.

"Too many things happened, Howard lost it when we told him about you," She paused to look at my left hand, the ring was still on my finger. "...And in 1965 we started up S.H.I.E.L.D with whatever was left of the S.S.R. We've been going for four years strong."

I inhaled. "Well, I'd love to join this...S.H.I.E.L.D operation."

Peggy looked at me. "Really? After everything?"

"Of course."

Peggy smiled. "We always have a spot open for you."

"I'll take you up on that offer."