Chapter 𝟛𝟜 - End This

Piloting a plane while injured turned out to be very hard and it only got harder as I stayed longer in the air.

I was in a lot of pain, pain that my powers weren't getting rid of fast enough. I had to pull through though because I couldn't stop to help myself, I knew after I went to shield to handle business I'd have to go straight to Cove. Thanks to Lewis, I managed to gain back some sort of control over my abilities.

That control is what helped me get out of that base, gain some information that I had hidden in my jacket, and helped me discover my attacker. The only disappointing thing was that I didn't know exactly who my attacker was but, they sure weren't friendly.

I was within a few minutes from the airstrip to the base when—in my reflection in the plane window, I saw a figure approaching me with a weapon, aiming at me.

I made sure not to raise alarm and I casually leaned back in my seat. Once the person got close enough I quickly spoke, commanding the plane by using its modern voice commands.

"Switch to auto pilot." That was when I caught them off guard, turning around and pushing the weapon away from me, he accidentally shot the control panel which made the system blare, that can't be good. Once I got a good look at them, I could tell that Violet probably ordered another one of her guards to follow me onto the plane in a desperate attempt to get rid of me.

The guard didn't give up though, he fought back and he fought back hard. He yanked me up and knocked me back with a right hook. I quickly recovered only then to throw a kick with my left leg.

He caught it easily but that's what I hoped for. Once he had hold of my leg, I vaulted my other leg over his neck and tightened them. He struggled against my grasp as I hit him repeatedly in the head till he fell.

I jumped up and ran deeper into the airplane but first I undid the band that held my hair somewhat in place, a small black box fell out as I did. It was the device Tony had given me.

I had an idea.

I pressed the center of the box and it played the projection, I heard the steps of the agent and scattered around for something heavy I could use as a weapon. On the floor, I came across a wrench and immediately picked it up ready to strike.

I stayed on the dark side of this area of the plane and watched the nan through the bright projection. He stood confused for a moment I took the opportunity to start to sneak behind him. The alarm that the plane was warning to brace for impact. I had to get this done quickly.

He started to shoot at the projection which caused the image to fizzle and become distorted. Once the message closed out—I hit his knee with the wrench and he dropped his weapon, holding his knee in pain. Then, I rapidly hit him till he couldn't fight it anymore.

The man laid weak, holding his side. I was breathing heavy and I dropped the wrench with a thud.

"What do you do at that building? Who are you people?" He stayed quiet. "Answer. Me."

At this time I had tuned out the alarm and was focused on questioning but, I didn't like what the man had said, or did in return.

He chuckled."You won't find out that easy, you never will." The man started to foam at the mouth, his eyes turned glassy and I gasped. I didn't expect him to have cyanide on him but...what the hell.

I never truly know what was going on and even though I was frustrated, I had much bigger things to focus on. The plane going down.

"Warning, warning, brace for impact, pull up. Approaching destination at dangerous speeds."