Chapter 𝟝𝟝 - Visiting Hours: Part 1

I had passed out on the couch after a long talk with Steve about everything crazy we had experienced, me outweighing him in experiences currently. Some of the things I have told Steve had him in disbelief as you would expect other things I told him didn't surprise him as much which in return surprised me. The stories of me essentially time traveling were long but Steve stayed invested, taking in every detail he could. It was a cycle that continued for the night until I somehow fell asleep.

My eyes opened to only be hit with bright sunlight, I shielded my eyes from the light and looked around my apartment for any sign of Steve, but nothing but a note on my coffee table.

"Left after you fell asleep, hope you get some well-deserved rest. I'll see you later." That is what I read, I smiled at his thoughtfulness.

I quickly realized my body was still half asleep as I stumbled to the shower, then to get dressed, then to the kitchen to attempt to use the very expensive-looking coffee maker that was sitting on my counter. As I fiddled with the buttons on the machine, grabbing a mug, I felt a swift breeze behind me. I turned around slowly, having an idea of who entered my house.

"Adrienne."

The older woman stood in the middle of my kitchen while my coffee brewed, her face told me she was glad to see me but she was holding back something.

"You got news for me?"

"When do I not?" She sighed. "I wish I didn't. It's about the Cove."

"...Can't say I didn't see this coming. What is it?"

"We got a bunch of unwanted publicity after yesterday's events. Videos of us fighting are everywhere, people are thinking we're vampires or something. Everyone is panicked about our secrecy."

I wiped my face, of course, this backfired. Being Bloodborne didn't come without responsibilities including handling the potential downfall of it all—something you'd think I'd freak out about (which I was panicking, just a little) but I already knew how to deal with this. Get help.

"I got a fix for that."

"Already?"

"S.H.I.E.L.D is already aware of our existence to an extent, they have a talent for making things go away."

Adrienne slowly nodded. "I imagine it would be hard to contact the director so early."

"That's the easy part, Adrienne." I grabbed my bag and my jacket that was slung over my couch and I took my S.H.I.E.L.D-issued phone (which was surprisingly easy to use) out of the bag and started to dial Fury's number while Adrienne watched me, a bit of uncertainty glazing over her.

The phone rang for a while till a voice on the other end picked up, the director.

"Agent Harding, didn't expect to hear from you so soon."

"I have a problem, are you free?"

"Since you're on the phone with me, yes I am."

"Great, where are you?"

"Agent Harding, you can't expect to reveal my location over the phone."

And they say dumb questions don't exist. "Right. It's alright though, I'll come to you."

"What's that supposed to—"

I held the phone away from my ears as I started to put a jacket on. "Consider this problem handled."

I closed my eyes as I focused on where I knew Fury and as soon as I opened them, I was in the Tri-Skeleton standing in Fury's office while the man himself looked between me and his phone before hanging up.