Chapter 𝟠 - A Big Question

1945

Today was the day Steve was supposed to receive the medal of Valor but instead, he was down here with us planning another mission to take Hydra down completely. Steve didn't care too much for the publicity he just did what needed to be done. That's why he's Captain America.

Steve was mapping and plotting Hydra weapons facilities.

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6. I want every Allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base."

"What about us?"

"We are going to set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass. What do you say, Rogers? It's your map. You think you can wipe Hydra off it?"

"Yes, sir. I'll need a team"

"We're already putting together the best men."

"With all due respect sir, so am I."

"In that case, your going to need all the help you can get."

Steve looked at me. "What?"

"You'd be even more crazy to think I'd let you go alone."

"Alright then, Agent Harding is coming with me ." Steve smiled at me.

"What?! Rogers, you can't be serious-" The colonel started.

"Sir, I've known Agent Harding since we were kids, and now that I've read her file, I believe she's more than capable of coming on this mission with us."

The Colonel stayed silent, it was no use in arguing with Steve. He had read my file too, he knew I would have no trouble whatsoever with this mission I was better trained than some of his troops so, what was the problem?

"Thanks for that Steve," I whispered to him.

"Hydra won't know what hit em'."

                                       —♫—
"Peggy, you sure this looks okay on me?" I pulled the hem of the dress I was wearing. Peggy had insisted for us to dress up for whatever reason.

I then fiddled with the bow on the dress, it was black with a few pink details

I then fiddled with the bow on the dress, it was black with a few pink details. Howard had gifted the dress to me with another pearl necklace. We had finally got together and, for the most part, the Howard Stark, womanizer extraordinaire was spending full days with me, not once did I hear about another woman. Mr. Jarvis even told me that Howard seemed like he was finally giving up on his playboy behavior.

"Oh stop it, you look gorgeous."

"Thanks, Peggy, you look amazing in your dress too." Peggy wore a grand red dress that hugged her body.

She smiled at me. "Howard won't know what hit him later."

"And Steve's socks are going to be knocked right off."