Chapter 𝟚𝟘 - One Night In Vegas

The day of the mission had come around so quickly. It was probably because I was too busy cooped up in my hotel room, undoubtedly I had a lot to think about. There were so many questions that I had that I didn't have answers to though now, there was only time to focus on the mission.

I was in the car with Henry and another Agent, Agent Monroe. Bensen had to take a break after previous events but, he was alive.

I wore another blue dress that resembled the look of a flapper dress that I used to see rich women wear in my childhood. I had also worn the earrings that Howard had given to me and was ready for action. I bounced my leg to focus.

"Nervous?" Henry formed a smirk on his face.

"No, in fact, you're the one who should be nervous. If you mess this up you'll be making a fatal mistake."

His smirk fell slightly. "...Fair."  Henry's eyes lingered on me for a while.

"What?"

He had this look in his eyes that I had only seen from Howard before. "After this mission, if you don't mind, of course, I wouldn't be opposed to coming back to your hotel room—"

"Stop talking."

"I'm guessing this isn't working."

"Lucky guess. Stay focused on the mission."

"Is that all you do? You're no fun, Agent Fisher."

"You talk a lot, you know that?" Henry shrugged with a smug look on his face. It was like he couldn't still quiet for a second.

"How can't I when I'm around a lady such as you?"

I rolled my eyes as Agent Monroe looked at us both. "We're here. Agent Maxwell will keep in touch." I nodded and started to get out of the car, Henry followed me.

The Ivory Casino was a large building that had lights covering all angles and a giant fountain with a sculpture of an elephant. In front of the building, many expensive-looking cars with people dressed in expensive clothing get out of them. This was yet another sight Bucky, Steve, and I could only dream of when we were little. Times do change.

I felt Henry loop his arm with mine. I turned to face him and was met with another smile.

"Just follow my lead."

"Follow your lead my—" He started to walk which caused me to stumble, soon enough I was able to match his speed while glaring at him.

He led me into the casino and fixed my hair to cover my ear, couldn't run any risk of anyone spotting my earpiece. A waitress came over and offered Henry and me some glasses of champagne. I declined while Henry of course took a glass.

"Agent Fisher, Herny." Agent Maxwell's voice came over our earpieces. "You are free to surveillance the area, I will alert you when Deep Sea is ready for you. Be prepared." He ended his line of communication.

"Hear that? We're free Bonnie."

"Don't call me that also, we still can't let our guard down—"

"Say, are you up to playing a game of Craps?"

I groaned. "What? No—" Before I could fully object to Henry, he once again pulled me to the crowded Craps table. Eyes were on both of us as we approached the table. Rich men with cigars in their mouths stared me down while women with pearls and diamonds took a likening to Henry.

"We seem to have a couple of fans."

"Even more of a reason to keep surveillance on high."

"Relax, they're harmless. They probably couldn't touch you if they tried." He put his glass down.