Chapter 𝟙𝟞 - Welcome Back Tina

I was finally back in my element.

Stepping out of the car, I pulled off my sum glasses. I looked at S.H.I.E.L.D's first base of operations, Camp Leigh.

Peggy stood next to me, looking up as well. "Look familiar?"

"It's where Steve trained. Of course, it's familiar."

Peggy patted my shoulder. "Let's go, there is much to do." She walked and I followed her.

The camp didn't look too much like attaining camp anymore but still, people in uniforms were all over the heavily guarded camp. Some people looked at me strangely but, I brushed it off. We headed into one of the main buildings and walked through a hall full of portraits, important people who built up the agency like Howard, Peggy, and—me?

I stopped at a portrait and stared at it. It was me and it read:

In memory of Agent Christina "Tina" Harding
1917-1946
Brave until the very end

Peggy directed her attention to me and spoke. "Well, this is a little awkward."

I titled my head. "How?"

"You're not dead Christina."

"Oh, yeah right, we're going to have to clear that up with everyone. Probably why people were looking at me."

"That can come later, right now we need to get you sorted."

"Okay, lead the way, Peg."

Peggy kept leading me down the long hallway till we came across a room full of people at work, these were the offices. She walked up to one of the many busy people and spoke to them.

"Agent Maxwell. I need you for a moment."

A man who looked to be in his mid-forties turned to look at Peggy. A look of stress clouded his face but he remained proper and professional in his manner.

"Agent Carter, I suppose you have a new agent for me to process?"

"Not quite," Peggy gestured to me. Agent Maxwell looked baffled, he must've seen my portrait and was understandably shocked.

"Let me guess, it's complicated?" He asked Peggy, referring to my presence. She nodded. "Alright, I can renew her information in our database, and I can alert Agent Miller about conducting Agent Harding's exam."

"Exam?" I questioned, maybe this was about my training.

"Yea, we have to make sure you can cut to be a specialist."

"Hey, I may be older but I'm more than capable. I didn't even physically age."

"Its protocol, out of my hands." Another Agent had called for Agent Maxwell. "Been a nice chat Agent Harding and Agent Carter but, I gotta get back to work."

"Go on," Peggy said. Maxwell had walked away from us. "You'll be fine Tina."

"I know...I'm just tired of training, I want to be out there already!"

"My, you truly are Steve's best friend." Peggy grinned.

"We were all cut from the same cloth and—maybe he rubbed off on me just a little bit."