Chapter 𝟝𝟛 - On Defense

It had been so long since I had seen Adrienne, Evan, and, Mileena work as a team that I had forgotten how good they go together.

The three of them collectively split over fifty aliens apart, literally and I couldn't have been more proud. However, Steve was shell-shocked not knowing there were others like me.

"So uh, when we you gonna tell me that there were others like you?"

"Off the battlefield preferably." I pointed to Clint and Natasha who was being swarmed. "Let's go help, these three can keep the civilians safe."

Steve nodded then, we leaped into action once again, he swung his shield at the Chitauri while I knocked a few more of them down.

Some of them started to approach us with guns until a flash of lightning struck them down. We looked up to see Thor with his hammer landing. I did always picture it to be like that.

Steve approached him. "What's the story upstairs?"

"The power surrounding the Cube is impenetrable."

We heard Tony's voice over the earpieces. "Thor's right. We got to deal with these guys."

"How do we do this?"

"As a team."

"I have unfinished business with Loki."

"Yeah? Well, get in line."

"Save it," Steve told everyone. "Loki's going to keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's going to need us to..."

Steve stopped talking when he all heard the sound of an engine buffering, a motorcycle. To our surprise, it was Dr. Banner riding slowly towards us. How the hell did he get here?

"So, this all seems horrible." He got off the bike.

"I've seen worse."

I looked over at Natasha and mumbled to myself. "Wait, it gets worse than this—"

"Sorry."

"No, we could use a little worse."

Steve started to talk to Tony. "Stark, we got him."

"Banner?"

"Just like you said."

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you."

Tony flew in his suit around the corner of a building—bringing along with him a gigantic flying alien monster thing, I have no idea at this point. It's just that I had only been very recently thrown into the future yet again and all of this was happening, why was I still not as surprised as I should've been?

Steve was different though, he almost couldn't believe his eyes but he played it off well. Not well enough since I still noticed but, that's what happens when you know someone for that long.

"I-I don't see how that's a party." Natasha tilted her head to the side.

"Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry."

"That's s my secret, Captain. I'm always angry." Right in front of our eyes, Dr. Banner turned into the Hulk and punched the alien thing right in its face. It started to fall forward but Tony shot it with an explosive, we shielded ourselves.

Here's where the real fight started.

We all stood in a circle watching as the Chitauri got even angrier. They weren't going down easy.

"Guys." Natasha called us to attention.

"Call it, Captain."

"All right, listen up. Until we can close that portal,  our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes in everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back to you turn it to ash."