Chapter 𝟝 - Steve, What Did You Do Now?

Bump.

Bump.

The car moved along a bumpy road. I was in the car with Peggy, on our way to supervise an operation to carry out Project Rebirth. The car finally came to a stop.

Peggy and I stepped out of the car, fixing our uniforms.

"Ready?" She said.

"Always."

We then walked up to the camp to a group of men, one of them were very short and looked a little like— no, not him.

"Recruits, attention!" Peggy commended while I was trying to keep my composure upon noticing my best friend, STEVE ROGERS at a military training camp. Oh gosh, this was going to be a wild ride.

"Gentlemen, I'm Agent Carter."

"And I'm Agent Harding." I looked a Steve to see his reaction and let's just say, he was a little more than surprised.

"We supervise all operations for this division." Peggy continued.

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria." One soldier spoke.

I quickly turned to see who had the nerve to mock Peggy.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"I thought I was signing up for the U.S. army." He continued. He just made a big mistake.

"What's your name soldier?" Peggy faced him.

"Gilmore Hodge, Your Majesty."

"Step forward, Hodge." He did as she said. "Put your right foot forward."

"Mmm...we gonna wrestle?" Disgusting.

"'Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like." Peggy swung her fist right into his face. He fell to the ground. I watched in amusement, that was the Peggy I knew.

"Agent Carter, Agent Harding."

"Colonel Phillips." We said in unison as an older man approached us.

"I can see that you are both breaking in the candidates. That's good!"

He looked down at Hodge. "Get your ass out of that dirt and stand in that line at attention till somebody comes tells you what to do."

"Yes sir!"

"General Patton has said that wars are fought with weapons, by they are won by men. We are going to win this war because we have the best men." The colonel looked at Steve then at Dr. Erskine.

...And because they are going to get better. Much better."

The colonel went on with his speech as the rest of us watched soon, they all started their training.

—♫—
During training, most of the men were making fun of Steve. As much as wanted to knock their lights out, I knew I had to restrain myself.

"Peggy?"

"Yes?"

"You see that man right there?" I pointed to Steve.

"Yes, what about him?"

"That absolute idiot is my friend Steve."

"Oh, that's the Steve you were talking about." Peggy stared at him for quite a while.

"Yes, and he's managed to get himself into trouble, again." Then, I turned to Erskine.

"You wouldn't happen to know how he was able to join the Army right, Dr. Erskine?"